gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *  (Read 24154 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 6 update 2/6/11*
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2011, 03:30 PM »
I was expecting a massive bill just because of the amount we put in, obviously it wasn't all being chromed but i was well shocked with the overall bill. They were very very reasonable.  :4_17_5:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03 PM »
A phone call may have to be put there way  ::)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2011, 10:47 PM »
fooking lush mate the finish on it is like glass!!!! Any update pics?
 :4_17_5:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Looking lush  :smitten: :smitten:
It is shame about the chafing on the non drive side.  Will it polish out?

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2011, 11:05 PM »
Been to see the frame today  ??? and to say that i feel for Al is a understatement  :'(  

The whole thing will not polish out now  :-[   i can say that for sure - it's more on there now so it's going to need a re-chrome for sure - i would say that he gets it done and carry's it on forward  - as if it just gets a powder, it will be the "what would it of been like" frame

it's such a shame the money that was spent and lost, to having the wrong people touch it  ::)

keep going Al and battle the Demons as you will win  >:D

check yer soon mate - B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

ozone

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20 AM »
Been to see the frame today  ??? and to say that i feel for Al is a understatement  :'(  

The whole thing will not polish out now  :-[   i can say that for sure - it's more on there now so it's going to need a re-chrome for sure - i would say that he gets it done and carry's it on forward  - as if it just gets a powder, it will be the "what would it of been like" frame

it's such a shame the money that was spent and lost, to having the wrong people touch it  ::)

Was the damage down to the chromers or the courier? 

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31 AM »

Fook  :'( gutted for you Al, what a nightmare this has been....  :buck2:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2011, 09:47 AM »
Al, this will be such a stunning bike once it's done, your patience and perseverence will prove that.

You could have quite easily said it's good but not perfect and started slapping parts on to get it built, but you didn't, you've stuck to your guns, waited and thrown more cash at it, and that commitment will pay off with the end result.

I would've bailed the project a long time ago, I have no will power.

Can't wait to see this completed though. :coolsmiley:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2011, 09:50 AM »
I can not say and i'm not putting anyone to blame - full stop

Al just wanted me to have a look at the frame and have a second opion - All i will say is it can not be saved and will have to be rechromed, as no ammount of polishing will save what i saw !

B

maybe we should start a fund to help out one of out fallen  :'(
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Frame is battered, and nowt i can do about that  :-[
Anyhoo Its been boxed and has just been collected again to go back to Allen chrome  :uglystupid2:
Another £150 down the shitter   :2funny:

I was very very close to just gettin the whole fooking thing powded and be done with it, but the amount of money and time not to mention tears that has been put into this i couldn't do it....this is the last time though I've spoken to Allen Chroming again and they reckon the frame will be good for another chrome but thats it....on final roll of the dice, he's gonna try and do a quick turnaround on the frame so hopefully I'll have for MK11....we'll see  ::)

Bendy Dude, thanks for comin over to see me and puttin my right...I think i still had some grand illusions of being able to polish it  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:55 PM by jamroll »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Far out, mate I feel for you this has been a nightmare for you hopefully this will be the last time you have to go through this pain  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2011, 12:32 AM »

wow  :shocked: :(

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2011, 07:48 AM »

Al just wanted me to have a look at the frame and have a second opion - All i will say is it can not be saved and will have to be rechromed, as no ammount of polishing will save what i saw !

B

maybe we should start a fund to help out one of out fallen  :'(

Sounds good to me, i'll put in a tenner as Al's a top bloke and nobody deserves this shit when building...  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15 AM »

B

maybe we should start a fund to help out one of out fallen  :'(

Sounds good to me, i'll put in a tenner as Al's a top bloke and nobody deserves this shit when building...  :daumenhoch:

Really appreciate the offer dude, but I'm good thx pal, I can handle the cost, its just a shitter having to put my hand in my pocket again  ;D
I tell ya wot, put ya tenner to good use and give to griff, pickle & spike 371 for doing that London to Brighton ride on the BMX's, now that is money well spent  :daumenhoch: :uglystupid2:  ;)
Cheers
Al
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:03 AM by jamroll »

mattuknc

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2011, 11:00 AM »
That is a great colour choice, hope it comes back ok this time.

*L2B on a bmx! I know some folks who did that back in the 90's, mad, just mad.  ;D

griff

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2011, 04:32 PM »

Really appreciate the offer dude, but I'm good thx pal, I can handle the cost, its just a shitter having to put my hand in my pocket again  ;D
I tell ya wot, put ya tenner to good use and give to griff, pickle & spike 371 for doing that London to Brighton ride on the BMX's, now that is money well spent  :daumenhoch: :uglystupid2:  ;)
Cheers
Al

Thanks for the plug Al - very kind of you (would suggest anyone wishing to donate use Pickle's page, as his total could do with a little boost  :daumenhoch:)
Can't believe you're still having to put money into that frame, but it will be lovely when it's done  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Here we go again  ;D :idiot2:

Super Fast Turnaround by the Boys up at Allen Chrome, Dave up there was expecting his 1st Kiddie anyday so a MASSIVE thankyou to him for turning this around before his Paternity leave (Hope your a very very proud dad dude  :daumenhoch:)
So 2 weeks after sending up i have the blighter back with me, 10 hours of polishing again and the chrome done again...considering how many times this thing has been chromed now I'm really really pleased with the finish, there is a little roughness around the rear dropouts where they couldn't get with the polishing wheel but nothing to bad, gonna send back to to Dan again on Monday....Dan gonna chuck a pair of Cotton Gloves in the box big fella for your big Paws,just to avoid finger prints  :LolLolLolLol:  
I'll get some pics up tonite of the chromed up frame  :daumenhoch:

Light at the end of the Tunnel ??? I fooking hope so  ::)
Al
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:16 PM by jamroll »

griff

Re: CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2011, 04:26 PM »
2nd time lucky mate  :daumenhoch:

sure it's going to look lovely when it's done, then you can get it scratched up riding it!

:angel:

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2011, 04:46 PM »
2nd time lucky mate  :daumenhoch:

sure it's going to look lovely when it's done, then you can get it scratched up riding it!

:angel:

Cheers Griff, its on its way back to DAN as we speak, NO WAY is this a show Pony now, way to much time and effoert spent on it...Need to enjoy it  ;D Is there still a mini ramp at MK this year  ::)

ozone

« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Glad the chrome is sorted and ready for powder.  Can't believe you want to ride it after spending SO MUCH of your hard-earned on it.  :crazy2:

I couldn't bring myself to do that - the thought of tightening a wheel in the dropouts and damaging that lovely powder would kill me.   :'(

You could buy an old school rider for a fraction of the money you've spent on the CW.   :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *

gfxgfx
gfx gfx