gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  CW Racing is LIVE!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CW Racing is LIVE!  (Read 13027 times)

Global_Nomad

Re: CW Racing is LIVE!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Some finished race kits:

2blader

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 04:11 PM »
The kits look HOT Martin.  8)

Global_Nomad

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 05:11 AM »
Thanks Scott!

Our first production build ever. This is Christopher Appoldt's rider:

Global_Nomad

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 12:04 AM »
Our first pad sets arrived. More available next week.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 07:07 AM »
who is fabricating these? the seatube/toptube junction looks very Kappa-esque

Dingo

Global_Nomad

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Arguably, the best hand fabricator in the business - Greg Melms of Melms Designs. His quality and workmanship is second to none. His welds are incredibly clean and uniform. We stress relieve all tubing for added strength and then wash them to achieve a better finish.

Kappa? Not even close.

This is pure CW Racing heritage. In the 1980s, Revcore was the sister company of CW Racing. Essentially, CW Racing became Revcore. It had a line of BMX racing frame sets and components that were renowned for the highest quality standards.  That junction design was a hallmark of Revcore frame sets in the second half of the 1980s.

So, our current designs incorporate elements of both CW Racing and Revcore.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 10:49 PM »
I know of Greg, awesome fabricator and very innovative, maybe get him to design/build a CW new schooler?

Dingo

Global_Nomad

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 02:07 PM »
That's the plan but we're taking one step at a time and making sure we do things right. The next project is a 2011 Mike Buff California Freestyle Kit.

We're only making 50 of the Hollywood Mike Miranda ZX Race Kits.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 02:39 PM »
I have to admit I cannot wait to see the new school race version, really interested to see new school CW bars.

gossa

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Arguably, the best hand fabricator in the business - Greg Melms of Melms Designs. His quality and workmanship is second to none. His welds are incredibly clean and uniform. We stress relieve all tubing for added strength and then wash them to achieve a better finish.

Kappa? Not even close.

This is pure CW Racing heritage. In the 1980s, Revcore was the sister company of CW Racing. Essentially, CW Racing became Revcore. It had a line of BMX racing frame sets and components that were renowned for the highest quality standards.  That junction design was a hallmark of Revcore frame sets in the second half of the 1980s.

So, our current designs incorporate elements of both CW Racing and Revcore.

Mmm, not strictly true Martin about being sister companies, Revcore was the name of the CW hubset (rev-core, geddit)? and when Roger Worsham had to close CW down in 1987 he used the Revcore name to launch a replacement brand for CW but leaving behind the taiwanese products that got him into trouble and focusing on quality USA built products. Charles Townsend won no1 pro that year and hardly got a picture in BMXA as CW owed Wiz pubs a chunk of cash when they folded, so they would not give them coverage. However, very true that Revcore were renowned for stress relieved quality products that were very well regarded.

Clive Gosling, 1988 National No1 UKBMX 17X and Revcore Factory Rider.
P.S. Say hi to Hollywood from me.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 11:05 PM »
...However, very true that Revcore were renowned for stress relieved quality products that were very well regarded.

True, I snapped my CW cruiser bars when gating; the Revcore bars that replaced them lasted until I retired  :smitten:

Global_Nomad

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Hey Clive, great to see a factory Revcore rider here.

By sister company I was trying to highlight that Roger Worsham was the father of both CW Racing and Revcore. Here's a small editorial in a 1988 issue of BMX Action:

Here's a shot of Todd Lyons from the same issue:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 07:13 PM »
my black  re- issue padset landed today,only took a week,awesome stuff :smitten:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

waza04

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 07:35 PM »
liking the look of some of this stuff...........  :smitten: so the $800 frame sets are actually £500 in our money!  :crazy2:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2010, 11:58 AM »
dont forget tax  :tickedoff:

nosepickben

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Wow, first i've heard about this. Great to see the stuff you've got made, been a fan of cw stuff since the 80's (except the awful bars - shame they're so iconic  ::) )
Anyone with knowledge can see that they are not originals but who cares, like you say, it's collectors stuff. Might shoot up the value of my '85 Z3X !!
Keep us updated with new releases matey.....  :daumenhoch:

spike

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Now those frames are quality, its been a long time since I saw a deep chrome finish like that. Price is an issue here, for me anyway, living in Ireland in the deep depths of a recession... Still I can dream of the day when I take delivery of one of those frame-sets hmmm.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  CW Racing is LIVE!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx