gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New resto if we can find some information....its a puch !!! might be rare
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New resto if we can find some information....its a puch !!! might be rare  (Read 1640 times)

Moza

My friend has just picked up a bike stickered and padded as a viceroy, but it has the puch badge on the front. After some searching there is a frame on goole images that is the same as his. The frame is stickered up as a track challenger, ive looked on here,bmx museum and vintage bmx and cant fine any info etc on this bike. Can anyone help with info and maybe pics????

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Have you got a photo of it?
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Moza

not of the bike yet, but this is the frame, its exactly the same as this

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
there seems recently to be an iflux of frames with the triple hole gusset under the downtube around at the moment. i was watching this one recently but decided i just couldnt be ar5ed, it went for a tenner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-FRAME-AERO-/320596906819?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4aa5109343

Moza

Hmmmmm this one is defo a Puch the head tube badge is riveted on......its very light non looptail and the welds are very good infact topclass :daumenhoch:

oldschoolfool

you have a pm about it ;)

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
->Puch Track Invader

let me guess..... you have a catalogue?  ;)

Moza

->Puch Track Invader

let me guess..... you have a catalogue?  ;)

Very good guess!!!!!! Thanks to Dave for the info :daumenhoch:

Matt51

This might be old news now - but I've just seen the Puch pic...

It's a Puch Challenger Pro. Cromoly race bike sold for around £175 back in 1983-ish. I owned one and it was my pride and joy!

Funnily enough, I've been trying to track one down for years, and managed about 3 months ago to find one. Almost completed it's full restoration, and fully intend to take it back to the track. I've even got the old BMX action bike with the original review that made me buy the bike - brilliant value for money, decent parts and a full cromo f+f. It was about the same as a Silver Streak, but far better angles, lighter etc. All depended on whether you could handle a bike without a big name!

And this is the only other one I've seen in the last 30 years (apart from the one I bought!).

So, there you go. If you want any more details on spec then let me know. And if anybody has any more info / background on the model then I'd appreciate it. I seem to remember the frame was made by somebody else and just carried the Puch badge. Anyway, it was nothing like the rest of the Puch models I've seen - and I don't think it was ever out in the states.

Hope this is still of some use!

Moza

Hi thanks for that although ive not seen the lad that owns it for awhile. From memory it had white skyway type mags, a un branded power disc real MX1000's Tioga stem CW's. The seat looks like its original the rest may have been changed.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New resto if we can find some information....its a puch !!! might be rare

gfxgfx
gfx gfx