gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 04:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Winsford track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winsford track  (Read 6526 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

Winsford track
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:28 PM »
 :) Anyone have the address/opening times etc?

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Winsford track
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43 AM »
Not sure on address but its on the overspill estate on the Chester side of town.

Always open.

Club sesh Monday and Wed (probably done now with winter) and maybe Sat PM.

But just go anyway.  I park up on the grass verge by the tarck.  Seems safe enough.

sam hudson

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:21 PM »
 ???

I didn't know there WAS a track in Winsford...anyone got a rough location??? Would love to give it a go. Is it full size or pump??

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58 PM »
 :) Cheers Dex. Pretty sure it`s fullsize.Either way I think a trip is coming up soon :daumenhoch:

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Full size.

Worth a trip.

sam hudson

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Apparently, the new re-vamped track (to regional standards no less) re-opened last Sunday (7th Nov). I'm gonna head down there tomorrow morning (saturday 13th) to give it a go. Anyone who wishes to view someone fall off his Ripper repeatedly should attend. ::)

Anyone been??

What were your thoughts??  ;)

sam hudson

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Went to all new Winsford track on saturday and ...it was deserted...excellent (for me). Bit surprised by the lack of people as I got there quite late (10.30am) and it wasnt until 12.30 that two other riders turned up.

I never went to the old track but the new one is quite fast albeit tricky for me as I am pants at manualling. Anyone got any tips for riding the track?? The first step up table is pretty easy as is the second triple but the third double is a bit too large for the speed you can get up (speed I can get up  :'( ). Then there is a step down after the second turn that I still cant manual properly.

It makes a nice change tho from the Chester track at Westminster Park.

sam hudson

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Bump

Sorry guys but I can anyone help with advice on riding this new(ish) track??

Is it possible to jump the set of doubles after the triples on the second straight??
Also, this track makes me realise just how poo I am at manualling as I cannot for the life of me manual the little drop off at the beginning of the third straight.

anyone help??

:daumenhoch:

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Hello Sam Hudson.  I hope I can help.

I have ridden the track a lot lately.  I really like it for training.  Could be a bit tight for racing.

It is quiet there which is a good thing but they have plans to get more of a club going.

I am 37 with average ability so here is my view on the track.

First straight - speed hump

Pick up OR bunny hop and catch backside on the speed jump.

First straight - step up

If you can't jump it all (I can't) pick up the first part and then manual tap the top of the table and catch backside.

Second straight - step up triple

Pedal like fudge and then pick up the first part of the triple and then skim jump the second part.

Second straight - doubles

Push legs out straight and manual it

This CAN be jumped.  I just haven't had the balls yet.  You just need to pan it towards the step up triple, get it perfect then get two cranks in before the doubles.

It's just got a steep and scary landing.

Second straight - step up / down (nipple jump)

Double manual it OR jump the first half.

Third straight - rhythm section

Millions of lines here.

My banker is:

Drop down, pump over the roller, manual the step up, manual the step down, manual the doubles at the end (or jump if you can)

Fourth straight

Again, my line is pick up the first roller, jump the next two, manual from the next roller onto the table, manual off the table over the last roller.

Caveat - these are lines for an average rider who doesn't always get it right  :D :D :D

Hope that helps.

Always happy for a rider there - sunday am seems to work for us.

motomagII

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:54 PM »
cant believe you are saying your average that takes us old schoolers into the disabled ability level mr dexter  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Yeah, stop making us look bad Dex  :LolLolLolLol:

When you say pick-up on a jump with different bits, do you mean before the face of the first bit, or from the first bit on to/over the 2nd bit  ???

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Yeah, stop making us look bad Dex  :LolLolLolLol:

When you say pick-up on a jump with different bits, do you mean before the face of the first bit, or from the first bit on to/over the 2nd bit  ???

I mean pick up before the first bit.

So on a step up table like at Winsford or the 2nd straight at Crewe I pick my front wheel over the face of the first take off, place it down on the first platform and then ride the next bit (in this case a table) like a jump on it's onw, whether that be a jump or a manual or whatever.

One of the locak boys reckoned to me it was faster than trying to manual the step bit as that manual was flat without much real chance to pump it.

I think I agree and it feels a lot faster to do it the way I do it that manual the step bit.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Cheers Dex! Basically what we called speed jumping bitd.

Crewe is too tech for my skill level just now and I've never put in a lap that I'm happy with despite having raced there twice! Good fun there and lots of opportunities to work on skills.

sam hudson

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 03:40 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Nice one. I am with you on just about everything...including not having the nuts to jump those doubles  ;D
Interesting that you drop down the drop down (!!) I thought you'd have to manual down it and over the next roller (which I cant do).

I will probably pop down tomorrow morning about 10 ish if anyone fancies seeing how not to do it!

Thanks for your detailed response :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 05:54 PM »
I think you are right about manual down the drop but 1. it is difficult and 2. I am not great at staying on the ground over rollers so have been forcing myself to take those lines.

Desperate to ride again.  What is Winsford looking like?

sam hudson

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 02:05 PM »
 :'(

SO I've been out of the loop for a few months and have just heard that apparently the local council (CWaC) want to close the Winsford track!

Anyone heard anything about this? Its only been open for two years (since it was revamped)  :wtf:

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 02:29 PM »
I live in Winsford and that doesn't surprise me! I was talking to the bloke in the bike shop in Winsford a few weeks ago and he was saying there have been 3 BMX tracks over the years. Each time the council have ballsed it up and let them close after spending a load of money getting them going. Probably the same story with the one in Northwich too!

sam hudson

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37 PM »
I've dug a bit deeper and apparently it was a mix up...lots of Councillors thought it was closing because the skate park bit had been removed, but its not closing after all.

I did'nt know there was a track in Northwich!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Winsford track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx