gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  if Vincent Frames were to re-issue a frame & fork set, which bike....??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: if Vincent Frames were to re-issue a frame & fork set, which bike....??  (Read 4798 times)

vincentframes

Freestyler, Airzone, Mini or Cruiser?

also for those who would be interested in us doing a re-issue of some kind, would you rather a f&f set or complete?

thanks  ;)

motomagII

freestyler or airzone

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
bang upto date for components ..so a retro or are you doing proper old school..freestyle if its true old
if its new go cruiser  as these buggers can get a nice ride out on a comfy one and race it..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:55 PM by harris »

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
cruiser.... and  make it old school legal ..... but make it so you can tell a genuine old school model apart from the re issue. :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Airzone, f&f. I'd love one!  :daumenhoch:

Bettyswallocks

Forget old school, build summat new...  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
New School Cruiser 4130 or 531 steel with Brazed or Bronze welded joints.

Forget the retro don't think it would have much market for the price it would cost.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Chezabha

I'd have to say a Freestyler. I picked one up in the Shop in the mid eighties along with the Rock Bars. F&F would be good for me as I'd like to re-create my youth. I would dig the old "Pink" Vincent from the parents garage but........Oh yeah that's right Dad gave it away for nothing a few years back! It started life in a reddy orange colour but there was a weld issue. Bernie fixed it in the workshop and I paid £20 for a colour swap. I remember it was a garage behind some shops.

So if anyone out there has my ride please can I have it back! :)

fletchy baby

defo an airzone !   one that does'nt break !

is that acheiveable   ??????

VFrames

Further to my reply on FB.

This is a big idea, but If you are talking of doing a limited run, have each request custom ordered and then made, get your order numbers then make the frames and forks only, F & F is how it all started originally right?

Complete builds, B + P only did these for team riders and they were using very high end parts, Profile, Skyway, etc. Modern versions of these parts are available, but they might not be everyone's cup of tea (or price range), let the buyer customize the bike to suit.

offer the frame unfinished or painted for a little more in a color of their choosing. Remebering that most of the customers will be a lot older and perhaps a little, lets say wider, using the old materials and theories may not be the best method, a new take on an old idea, with today's technology may be an answer.

The idea of racing/crusing a new school VF Cruiser frame sounds cool. Below are some links to a similar set up:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=222645

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=221246

If none of that sounds appealing, go get Jarred, he can't be busy, pay him the same as in 1984 and tell him to get to work, he still has the same haircut, he must still have the same welding skills.

Free delivery to previous frame owners/roommates/riding partners would be a nice touch. 8)

vincentframes

Nice one, thanks everyone for taking the time to respond with your thoughts, much appreciated.
we've got an awful lot to think about now so I'll keep y'all posted with any developments.... :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: if Vincent Frames were to re-issue a frame & fork set, which bike....??
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:52 AM »
as said above, a ltd run of a new school cruiser with a nod to earlier frames would prob gain the most interest, keep the old style decs tho, good luck with it  :daumenhoch:

Rodgy1970

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Reproductions seem to be risky.

How successful the reproduction frames have been is debatable?

Some seem to have shifted no problem (like the Skyway TA) and some don't seem to have shifted as well (like the GHP, I think he's still got some left).

Good luck!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 02:27 PM »
I'm sure I read in an old BMX mag, that Vincent Frames were involved with the making/design of the Holeshot RF1 bitd, was this true?
Vans Style

VFrames

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 03:01 PM »
I'm sure I read in an old BMX mag, that Vincent Frames were involved with the making/design of the Holeshot RF1 bitd, was this true?

This thread might shed some light on the Holdshot question for you.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=106977.15

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 03:36 PM »
do a freestyler but with modern touch i hate the re-makes me. i have a freestyler and would love a modern version next to it

Skyway tuffshit

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Wow! Vincent are back!!! I think you go with new school as a main feature and perhaps do a limited order of old school frames? I'd definately be up for another airzone, orange frame and chrome forks like PEPI's (RIP)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  if Vincent Frames were to re-issue a frame & fork set, which bike....??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx