gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Our very own Dennis Dain in action, in front of stompin Stu
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Our very own Dennis Dain in action, in front of stompin Stu  (Read 871 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:

:daumenhoch:

pic stolen from facebook :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Dennis Dain

Re: Our very own Dennis Dain in action, in front of stompin Stu
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55 PM »
Yea Tony, I really like the little angle next to your comment about where you got the photo.  :knuppel2:  Funny.

In the peak of my best year, mid 1978. I'm racing for my friends bike shop, Ralph's Bike Shop, and I am co-sponsored by Cook Brothers. This is the first jump at a National here in Southern California. This particular moto was one of two groups of Pros where we had raced 3 previous races in the past month or so at 3 different tracks. The top 14 of those 3 races qualified for this race with a $3000 Pro purse. Big bucks for 1978.

In the picture above #10 is Brent Patterson, #1 is Stu, #173 is me, #81 is PK Perry Kramer, #13 is David Clinton, behind David is Greg Hill and Robbie Rupe is back there also. All in the BMX Hall of Fame. It was a tough enough group that I did not transfer out to the main but I have this picture as a reminder of an awesome moment in time.

Here is the winner...

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:18 PM »
1979, just before most of us, (even the earliest) had ever heard of BMX, it took the UK another year to catch on. Sorry for stealing the pic Dennis, but you dont give yourself enough credit :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Dennis Dain

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Sorry for stealing the pic Dennis,

It's all good Tony. Nuthin but love here... 8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Our very own Dennis Dain in action, in front of stompin Stu

gfxgfx
gfx gfx