gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bit nervous about my 1st Time Stripping-Any Advice from fellow Strippers-PICS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bit nervous about my 1st Time Stripping-Any Advice from fellow Strippers-PICS  (Read 2180 times)

sweetbeats

Got a really nice pro neck coming today which just needs it's orig white coat of paint stripped (it has already peeled) but the stem itself is immaculate and ding free.
What will be the best way to remove the white gently without messing the stem up?
I have the Autosol at the ready once the paint has been removed.
My first attempt at a resto so don't want to Balls it up.
Here's the Stem:

Cheers  ;)

Here's the between and after pics

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:30 AM by sweetbeatsâ„¢ »

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
nitromors paint stripper from halfords or most decent car shops. follow instructions on the tin. once stripped rinse, dry a little blob of autosol and jobs a gooden

sweetbeats

Cheers Dave  :coolsmiley:

curtispro

Will nitromrse strip powder coat ?

sweetbeats

Just bought some.
The coat on the pro neck is pretty thin and peeling so it should be easy to remove the rest of it..I will pop some pics in the thread so you can all see how to fook up a stem in 2 easy steps  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Just bought some.
The coat on the pro neck is pretty thin and peeling so it should be easy to remove the rest of it..I will pop some pics in the thread so you can all see how to fook up a stem in 2 easy steps  :LolLolLolLol:

Chop chop, I'm waiting  ::)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I sent mine to SteveP & he put the orinigal brushed finish on it, it looks Nos  8)

SteveP is the Mainman  :4_17_5:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Will nitromrse strip powder coat ?
nope,permatex gasket remover is the stuff,hard to get tho,others do work,powder is a bloody mare to remove
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
you can get nitromors in a spray can, its like gel/foam and ive had good results removing powder coat with it :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

Bought a big tub of the stuff going to strip everything I have at home painted  :4_17_5:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Bought a big tub of the stuff going to strip everything I have at home painted  :4_17_5:

Pics?  I stayed up all might waiting  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

sweetbeats

Peeled a bit of white paint off as a test Marty and it has come up like a mirror  8)
Just waiting on the stripper should arrive today I will post a before and after shot..... :P

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
the bile from an alien ell take it clean off Jas , hard to get hold of though , nitromors is the one , make sure its all washed off after though , left some pedals in the stuff and forgot about em , took what i wanted off but sent the metal black  :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

How long will it take to remove a thin white powder coat Carl?
I have peeled some white paint off and sold it to some local Chav's as peruvian Flake  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
just put some on all over it , minutes to peel , clean off the peeled powder  then do again till all of the powder is off then give it a wash

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
just looked at the title , your first night working at spearmint rhinos on hagley Rd tonight  ???

sweetbeats

Cheers the stem underneath the paint is immaculate and shone up lovely-so is the stem bolt and the allen bolts  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
just looked at the title , your first night working at spearmint rhinos on hagley Rd tonight  ???

cant see him earning much there carl  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Cheers the stem underneath the paint is immaculate and shone up lovely-so is the stem bolt and the allen bolts  :daumenhoch:

see easy when you know how and all your own work  :4_17_5:

sweetbeats

;) Think Bunny's Dirty brothel a few doors up Hagley Rd  :coolsmiley:

sweetbeats

I will probably melt the fookin alloy Dave you know me  :coolsmiley:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:

Bit of a high opinion of yoself aincha... I mean youa probs quite fit and that but.... 'melt alloy'  :coolsmiley: please

Ever been to a Spearmint Hippos?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

sweetbeats

Bit of a high opinion of yoself aincha... I mean youa probs quite fit and that but.... 'melt alloy'  :coolsmiley: please

Ever been to a Spearmint Hippos?

:LolLolLolLol:
 :coolsmiley:
Season Ticket holder at Peppermint Pigs-£5 a dance and grope.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:44 AM by sweetbeats™ »

sweetbeats

Coming up like a fookin Mirror-just going to finish the bottom-pics to follow Sunglasses may be needed  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

sweetbeats

Few little spots need a bit more buffing but overall it has come up a treat  :smitten:
Thanks for the advice fellas  :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bit nervous about my 1st Time Stripping-Any Advice from fellow Strippers-PICS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx