gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old School BMX Detectives - LOL!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School BMX Detectives - LOL!  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Old School BMX Detectives - LOL!
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:33 PM »
We had a bit of a Sheffield bitd bmx re-union on Friday night, so cool to see some guys I haven't seen for nearly 20 years, great times.

Anyway, one of the guys had a clipping from the Sheffield Star in 1984, me and Mr Slade did some detective work and got back some of our mates bikes that had been nicked from outside J. E. James in Sheffield. I completely forgot all about it. The lads who stole the bikes were from Barnsley, me and Dave had spotted them whilst we were out riding. To cut a long story short, we got the bikes back after stringing them along we wanted to meet up with them later and ride with them, and it was in the paper about it. This is the first time I've seen this since it happened as I never kept the clipping from the paper, never kept any clippings or owt to be honest.

Have a read, it'll probably make you chuckle. It's not that clear but I'm on the far right, and yes, with hair!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:02 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Re: Old School BMX Detectives - LOL!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Amazing...  :laugh:

sounds like the plot from one of those Childrens Film Foundation films that were on when we were kids ( the one about the lad with the tiger t shirt that made him run fast for example )

the press can't help themselves can they... 'wheelie clever' FFS  :buck2:

i got on the cover of our local rag once for having a really long icicle... story for another time  :-X
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Those films were ace as a kid. The one about the firemen and another was the one with radio controlled spitfires catching the thieves.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Sammy's Super T-Shirt.... AMAZING  :smitten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pmyKxH8rDo&feature=related

Those films were ace as a kid. The one about the firemen and another was the one with radio controlled spitfires catching the thieves.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old School BMX Detectives - LOL!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx