gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 02:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Master 1992 complete, original?, mint...cost £120
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Master 1992 complete, original?, mint...cost £120  (Read 12860 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Haro Master 1992 complete, original?, mint...cost £120
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Yes I still can’t quite get my head around that despite speaking to Jai why he sold it so cheap (but he just wanted rid of). I’m not sure if I’m getting too over excited by this, please tell me if so.

Ok, this was available at Jai’s (SE BMXers) stall at MK on Saturday & Sunday (I only saw it Sunday morning as I’d arrived late Saturday)   I cannot believe this was not picked up on Saturday, why, am I missing something?

So this Haro was looking at me with a sticker on the grips ‘£120’. I asked if that was for the complete bike, the answer ‘yes’ from Jai’s wife. I suddenly had to grab Rob Pickle for his advice (having a Haro Master himself), basically ‘look at this, I like the look, is it worth it’. Well his answer convinced me, and £120 notes came flying out my wallet, Rob also spotted the Haro pegs (nos) for the front forks, £10 for them.

Like an excited kid I was trying to take in what I’d just got, Ukai HP48s, Haro tyres (were flat but tubes were perfect after inflating), Nippon front brake, grips that Joe JT71 found impossible to get for his Haro, original brake blocks, no marks on the chain-ring teeth etc etc. Jai mentioned later that it was a display bike that was taken around when it was launched.

I wheeled it back to the car (where Sue was). Her reaction was ‘I only have to leave you for 5 minutes’ a look of  what’s that, and ‘did you swop the Vertigo for that’ as it was covered in dust and grime. However a wipe over the stem showed the potential and trying her to convince her what a bargain it was considering the components (hence me dragging Sue to meet every Rad member to convince her of it!).

So got home Sunday night completely knackered, but started cleaning. All I’ve used is a yellow duster on all the components, no autosol or any cleaning product, only used astonish with some water to get the brake blocks back to white, and some black model paint to touch up some tiny areas (ie pedals/stem), oh and some tyre shine. There are some minor decal marks but really not that noticeable unless looking for them. I thought I was old skool but it’s dawned on me that I actually prefer the mid skool look. 

Anyway sorry for the waffle, I’m just totally blown away by it…£120 +£10 for the pegs wow. Will love and cherish this bike, I hope I’m not wrong in saying it’s probably 100% complete as it left the factory bitd? Please correct me if wrong.

Paul :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:49 PM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

subversion

Re: Haro Master 1991 complete, original, mint...cost £120
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Great lil bargain there Paul :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Tyres alone would probably sell for over £100 if you banged them on eBay.com  You could put some Barefeet or similar on there and you'd have gotten your bike for next to nothing.  I'm sure the mrs would approve.  ;D

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:57 PM »
That has got to be the bargain of the year, well done Paul. :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:58 PM »
f u c k m e that is amazing... I, like so many others looking at this would have done exactly like you and snapped up that.

wow  :smitten:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:32 PM »
g find pal. :daumenhoch: i was there on sat if id have scean it id have snapped it up too. good on ya.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Yeh Yeh - we all tell our wives it was a fifth of the original price  ;)

JT71

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:57 PM »
I' m quite jealous Paul! really pleased for you though, great buy! I reckon the cranks might have been changed, maybe be it had those sh1tty fusion ones that Hoff kept snapping originally? but i might be wrong.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Master 1991 complete, original?, mint...cost £120
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:19 PM »
bargain i would have had that if saw it .must have been hiding . gone to a good home tho  :)
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:18 PM »
I think everyone either thought it was sold or they were to busy trying to find pairs of grips  ;D

when Paul asked me if it was a bargain........i think i said something along the lines of "bargain of the year mate! if i'd have had a spare £120 i would've had it on Saturday morning"

so glad it went to a great home and it's come up a real treat mate!

the only thing is, i think it's a 92 model and not a 91 as the 91 had peg bosses on the rear chain stays (as mine does) but still awesome!!!   :4_17_5:

SteveD

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Thats a Bargin! and although the twin top tubes are not the classic style at least it does not have those platforms on the rear dropouts like an 85 master

JT71

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Hey Paul

PM me your addy, got a little prezzie for you.

kind regards Joe

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 09:17 PM »
i was going to have it friday ,but then found it handy as a wall guard to stop people getting behing jais stall
so had it across the end,i just cant keep bringing bikes home,i have no room in the lab to play..

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19 PM »
great pick up that paul well doe sir..

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 09:31 PM »
has to be bargin of the decade that :daumenhoch:just for the tyres alone never mind the rest of the bike , :shocked:will have to ask jai if he's got any more jems like that hiding

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36 PM »
I will give you double  Bargain  :smitten:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Bargain mate , sounds like it has gone to a good home instead of someone out to make a quick profit  :daumenhoch:

It's come up mint  :coolsmiley:

Well in Jai too for such a good price  :4_17_5:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Master 1992 complete, original?, mint...cost £120
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Thank you kindly guys for the replies, you lot are cool :daumenhoch:, much appreciated, and still stoked by it.......I look at other bikes now and think I ain't paying that ;D

Lots of peeps mentioned the cost of the parts if split, but I couldn't bring myself to do that, how many times will you see a complete, and for the price paid. So, I won't change a thing on this, gonna keep it as bought, although I do have one of those Fusion opc to replace the oddy one, mmm not sure, and I was a little naughty and had a ride at MK on those tyres  :-X the ride was soooo smooth though, really nice.

Thanks guys for the year info,  I looked at the serial number and assumed 91, serial YA91H60394, mmm how odd? I wanna try and get as much info on this, ie ad's, spec etc so any further help or advice would be great ;)

And the misses appreciates it as well, so it now lives in the Master (no pun intended) bedroom........result :)
Vans Style

christhejob

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46 PM »
re serial number, i think i put this in an earlier thread about these
92 masters will have been made in 1991 before release, hence 91 serial number

look at all companies now releasing 2011 ranges - they'll all be made now.. 

oh christ was that really 20 years ago now??

anyway nice find P!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 01:02 AM »
Chris, thanks for the info mate, yep that makes sense now ;)

And Glen, you are a superstar fella :4_17_5:

Located it in the 1992 catalogue, whey hey, spec shows the crank as an odyssey excaliber and in the pic. I can't seem to get the page I want onto rad, page 6, just to show peeps but it's all a dead ringer  :)

Man i love this :D

EDIT...THANKS GLEN, HE DA MAN, SEE BELOW  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:17 AM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

JT71

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 08:33 AM »
well f*** me it did have an Excaliber crank!

I wonder how yours ended up with white brake blocks.

So not only have you ridden some seriously rare tyres, you probably applied the brakes too! doy ou know how hard it is to get white brake blocks?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Awesome! bikes are for riding!

I have the only part you are missing Paul. send that addy now!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Master 1992 complete, original?, mint...cost £120

gfxgfx
gfx gfx