gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 04:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New BMX Track for Eastleigh, Southampton?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New BMX Track for Eastleigh, Southampton?  (Read 5377 times)

Anthony Howells

New BMX Track for Eastleigh, Southampton?
« on: July 17, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Just to let you know that on Saturday 24th July there is a Skate and BMX Jam at Freespace in Chestnut Avenue,Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Southampton SO53 3YU. - www.facebook.com/parksport.

As you may or may not know plans are in place to get the Regional Standard BMX track kicked off and any support you can give would be much appreciated to visit the jam and see potential plans for the track and help by registering interest and showing your support for the project.

For those of you who do not know about Freespace it is an area where a flatland skatepark with ramps has been built and a fairly decent concrete bowl. There was originally plans to build a BMX/ mountain Bike track but the council ran out of money a few years back and it ended up being piles of dirt in a semi track shape!!!!

Now they have been convinced to support this project and plans are now in place to start planning the build of the track. The track will need to be a W shape due to the track location and will be built to regional spec. The idea will then be to start a small club to support locals and then maybe develop this club as Gosport have developed theirs and hold club meetings and then maybe Regional races. All this will develop Southampton again as a centre of BMX excellence and for those old skool racers there will not be a shipping container or driving school in sight LOL.

If you are unable to make it could you please send me a few words of support (especially the celebrities) about how having a local track helped you develop your racing skills etc. as it will help with getting further support from the council.

Look forward to seeing you there or getting any feedback.

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: New BMX Track for Eastleigh, Southampton?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Cool - the Old Fools Road Trip visited there last year  :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36 PM »
are there any radders that want to go and show there support and put on a small show and shine,
i am willing to put up a couple of trophies for the best freestyle and race bike if you are
interested pop your name down and i will sort out the trophies ;)
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:24 AM »
I'm not far, what time's this all going down?

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Hoping to be there Phil but i finish work at Lunch time on the Saturday so it will be a mad old rush mate.

What time you thinking of pedalling up there ????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Ant,
That's great to hear! It's about 250 miles too far for us to come to the event, but I will get some words together about how we all learned our BMX on the tracks of Soton and Eastleigh on the way to getting decent national rankings and my dad being 40+ British Champ etc.
Cheers, Jon

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I'm not far, what time's this all going down?

anyone going?

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 11:51 AM »
yea southern andy and myself are going to be there from 1ish :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

spesh

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 02:55 PM »
shite i just read this and im at work bugger  :-\

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 06:16 PM »
was great, some of those kids on their bike things are unreal  :4_17_5: one little sprog was no more than 8yrs old and to see him pulling 360's over the spline was just stupid. Phil was up for kicking ten bags of crap out of him for being a tad too good.  :LolLolLolLol: I had a real problem calming him down.

Was good to meet Anthony Howells again and Dave from Fastlane was there, sat with us for an hour or two.

Kids on scooters aswell  :4_17_5: Can't believe some of the stuff i saw to be honest.

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New BMX Track for Eastleigh, Southampton?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx