gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Picked this up to day, anyone have any idea on the name/ make of frame?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Picked this up to day, anyone have any idea on the name/ make of frame?  (Read 1430 times)

Shiner

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:01 PM by Shiner »

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
I'm guessing that is a Halfords Turbo 20X frame with a set of non correct forks fitted.

The rear drop outs and all the unusual bits around the gusset and seat tube are pretty much the same as my Turbo's only this is chrome.

Paul Aerostylie on here will defo confirm but i reckon i'm correct.  :coolsmiley:

EDIT>>>>>

Knicked from Paul  :LolLolLolLol:

Hard to see i know but it's those rear drops.  ???
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:31 PM by Southern Andy »
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Pound shop seat, true, I bought one last week,  I agree , very halfords'y, but with newer, bendy forks. rims/hubs are very much like the halfords ones (don't know the brand, if there was one!)

Better than walking to the pub!
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Shiner

Cheers lads, is there any interest in these bikes? or shall I just dump it?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Don't DUMP iT... FFS!  ::)

Clean it up... wack it on ebay with RARE OLD SCHOOL BMX in the title and get some money towards a decent bike  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
and turn the bars round and ride into a wall  ;D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
I nearly bought that bike last night as it's just down the rd from me, thought they might be araya's on it which would have been worth the £25! thinking im glad i left it. But as Ed says clean it up and wack it back on and ya might get a little more. must admit though i sell thing like this in parts usally get a little more.

Good Luck fella
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Top resto tip  :D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
unless he's got one, Paul 'aerostylie' has been looking for a Halfords turbo  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:

g_lamb

:LolLolLolLol:  :2funny:

Tought they looked odd

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
First off thanks to Southern Andy and Pickle for sending me pm's, nice one guys :daumenhoch:

mmmm can't be sure about this, the frame at first glance looks suspiciously like the Turbo 20x, along with the rear brake, seat- clamp, I was gonna say the rims but the hubs I had weren't annodised red. I think the stem bolt was sunk into the head and adjusted with an allan key rather than the one pictured here although I suppose that could have been changed at some point although I am trying to think back 27 years ago!! We really do need an advert from bitd.

Looking at the pic, it looks like theres a gusset weld brace (correct terminology?) on the down tube next to the head tube (or is it just a brake cable tie?). I don't think the 20x had that.

I do have a frameset that I think is or nearest to a Turbo20x which came with parts that are closest to what I can vaguely remember and that is currently 'in progress' :coolsmiley:

Paul :)
Vans Style

Shiner

Thanks for all the info lads.  :daumenhoch:As for the bike I've got someone getting back to me later next week re: what frame it is and might have some pictures, I need to know now its bugging me. I might put some more close ups on later, see if that helps.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Picked this up to day, anyone have any idea on the name/ make of frame?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx