gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Double Standards
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Double Standards  (Read 620 times)

sweetbeats

Double Standards
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:22 AM »
Was just thinking yesterday about my new bike that I don't have yet but putting it all together and picturing it in my head.....a usa gt performer  :smitten:
Anyway I have seen a few 85's / 86's that look really nice, one was a chrome survivor with made in Japan underneath and I was like no thanks gotta be USA.....but I would have no problem with another Skyway TA that was made in Japan or overseas and it wouldn't seem less a skyway than a USA made one....but in my mind the GT would and my 84 sport doesn't feel like a real Haro because it is not a torker USA like my old Haro master  :-\

Anyone else look at GT's and Haro's as not real or less desirable if they aint USA ?  :crazy2:

Fooks my swede up it does 8) and has caused lots of mental problems  :coolsmiley:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:26 AM by sweetbeats™ »

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Double Standards
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59 AM »
personally i prefer usa or japanese stuff as the workmanship seems better than the tai stuff jase. i have plenty of tai parts and they just lack the quality finish of the usa and japanese stuff imo.

i would have a japanese performer no hesitation but a tai one i would not mate as i have heard that the finish is not as good and that the materials used made the f&f heavier  :-\ this is just what i have heard mind you so no fact in this my end dude

if you look at anything bmx japanese made its all top end, kashimax, tange dia compe, sugino the list goes on mate

:-* :-*

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:15 AM »
I only buy thai Dave you know that  ;D
Get what your saying though will discuss in more detail on the next wobble  :LolLolLolLol:

skidmark

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 12:03 PM »
How many parts have "MADE IN THE USA" plastered with pride all over them?
I'm yet to see a Taiwan decal bigger than the fingernail that picks it off.
I wonder if our Japanese friends would proudly sport a samurai sword made from Reynolds 853 in Birmingham... could make for a bloody good cutter! :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:17 PM »
The suns gonna explode one day... don't worry about it  :LolLolLolLol:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

davevilla

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Interesting one Jay - I like to stick as far as possible with USA or Japanese built kit. I guess it is an authenticity and quality thing. However this is only when it comes to old BMX kit - the following doesn't apply to my opinion of Japanese kit in general, but I am unsure that anything sporting a 'made in the USA' would be guaranteed to be any better than something made in Asia.

So yes - double standards I think mate. Fair enough though...an opinion, even it is flawed without any real evidence,  doesn't have to stand up to any legal scrutiny when it comes to 25 year old kids' bikes... :daumenhoch:

I have to admit liking stuff built and made in the Midlands, West Midlands boy that I am - this used to include HP Sauce, minis, and European Cup winning football teams - they don't seem to do that anymore. I think HP Sauce is now made in Netherlands - imagine that Houses of Parliament sauce made in Holland! I could choke... :tickedoff:

sweetbeats

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Good comments lads....thing is I have spoken to the haro hierarchy on here loads of times about the thai haro's (probably bored the fooking life out of them all) sorry Fellas ! :LolLolLolLol:
But the Thai sport is stronger than the Torker one...the whole back triangle including drop outs is mega thick tubing compared to my old torker haro which was paper thin on the drop outs and really thin tubing  :)

I might ask Del to make me loads of made in Thailand Decals and stick the fookers all over it and ride it with pride  :crazy2: :crazy2:

sweetbeats

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Alright Del you Psychic  :LolLolLolLol: ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Double Standards

gfxgfx
gfx gfx