gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Oh dear its all gone a bit midschool
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Oh dear its all gone a bit midschool  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Oh dear its all gone a bit midschool
« on: April 09, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Well I promised the wife no more oldschool, she said nowt about a bit of midschool   ::).

The next two projects are here and they going to be riders

Hyper Metro Pro, from about 94 I think as can't find any reference to them in 93 mags but have seen them for sale in a 96 buyers guide. Top tube is 21" but as the seat post is very layed back in reality it is probably about 20". Took the original forks off as it is going to be a rider, they look pretty easy to bend, and put LG lites on which are basically the same diameter and I don't care if they bend. The final wheels are going to be GT superlace hubs onto Oddyssey T1000's. It rides like an oldschool bike but a bit stiffer with better brakes, suits me sir.

Project 2 which is going to take a bit longer (had all the bits for the Hyper in the spares bin) is the 93/94 Supercross SX125 Pro (21" TT) with Answer ProForx, look like they could be fun!

Later

Andy
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Oh dear its all gone a bit midschool
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 10:18 AM »
supercross looks interesting.....
I want to touch ORB

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:22 AM »
it sure does  ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Two ace Mid-schoolers Andy! Nice one!

Bren Gunn

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Whoa, that Hyper looks a bit cheeky...     be good to see that getting thrashed at the track :daumenhoch:

revcore

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Love the Hyper..... Thats one sweet ride. And that Supercross with Proforx, Thats gonna be excellent when it's built. Gotta love them Proforx (I was gonna sell mine but I think I'd regret it too much if I did part with them so I'm holding onto them for along time to come..... Unless I get an offer I can't refuse).

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Cheers Lads, never seen that Supercross on here before  :LolLolLolLol:

The Hyper will be due its next thrashing at Hartlepool when I've done the wheels (just borrowed those ones from the Dirtwerx), so about 3 weeks cause I don't know how to size the spokes for the Superlace hubs yet.

Found the Proforx on the bay when I was looking for purple stuff for the Hyper and thought I know a good place for them, I'm really interested to see how they ride. Probably going to build the Supercross with blue ano parts, TNT revolvers and invert stem and Sun mistral or Araya RB17 rims.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Hey Andy ,

I'm glad you like the Hyper  :daumenhoch:  , it rides ok then ? . I should've built it up but you know , too many toys  :D

That Supercross looks cool too .

Matt

revcore

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 05:11 AM »
The Proforx are a great ride if they are set up well. I rebuilt mine with RST elastomers to replace the original Answer items and I found the Proforx to handle much better and provide better rider suited adjustment. I remember when they first came out, Everyone had them then slowly the pro's lost interest and went back to their conventional forks because people didn't want the slightly extra weight even though they looked trick. I personally think they look cool and I'm glad I own a set in excellent condition.

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Hey Matt, The Hyper rides good. I set the rear up a little too short when I rode it the first time and the front was coming up really fast plus the rear was hopping on manuals abit, so I want to take the wheel base out in half links till I get it how I want it. Then I just have to find some decent lungs and legs from somewhere and we'll be ready to oldschool race.

Revcore, Nice to know the forks actually work I'll look out for someother elastomers. I know when I put sus forks on a ridged mountain bike for the first time it made quite a difference but that's over really rough ground whereas BMX tracks trend to be smoother so not as much need for it I guess, it's going to be as good experiment anyway. I was surprised how early they are I've got a picture of Pete Lonavich? with some on in 93.

Cheers

Andy

revcore

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 01:25 PM »
The Proforx that we both own are the best of them all in my opinion as they have the alloy crown. The later models had the stansion tubes welded directly onto a chromoly steerer and crown. Answer also made 24" cruiser Proforx and also 26" models with cantilever mounts on the brace (These were marketed as Manitou mountain bike forks).
My Proforx have one major mod apart from the RST elastomers.... I bought the above mentioned Manitou crown with 1-1/8 steerer (It is identical to the original Proforx crown but with a 1-1/8 steerer). I have also retained the original 1" threaded steerer and crown should I find a suitable old school frame worthy of the Proforx.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 03:56 PM »
H/pool was a bit mid/school tuther night like, a few rareities on show and that was just dans knees :D

silentpartner

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 07:05 PM »
 :smitten: liking them alot

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Oh dear its all gone a bit midschool

gfxgfx
gfx gfx