gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  just can't put my finger on it....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: just can't put my finger on it....  (Read 1086 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
just can't put my finger on it....
« on: May 12, 2010, 07:52 AM »
but this fooking hobby/adiction is a funny old thing......after being bored at work one day flicking through ebay and typing in OLD BMX my head was filled with images of gorgeous old bikes and parts i'd long forgot about  :shocked:
well after seeing a gorgeous green street beat i hit the BIN button and have never looked back!  i then noticed at the bottom of the auction listing this strange www.radbmx.co.uk  ???

well since registering (what seems a lifetime ago now) it's been one of the most enjoyable fooking times of my life!  making some great friends, seeing some unbelievable builds and now having the pleasure of being involved with the site as well.  i was thinking of what it is that keeps the fires burning for this sport/hobby/adiction of ours?  i just couldn't put my finger on it....but it's the little things i guess?  i just picked up my freshly laced set of Z's this week and the minute i took them out of the box i was taken right back to 83 and a dusty little bike shop in Baldock when my dad bought me a brand new set and i was fooking king for the day!  crazy the amount of joy i get from opening up a parcel and holding that little alloy part you've been searching for ages for........it's fooking great aint it!

where am i going with this??  fook knows other than saying what a fooking amazing site this is thats carried me along and meeting some great people who are clearly dedicated to keeping this OS and NS BMX scene alive and kicking!! 

Big up RAD and everyone on here!  it's a fooking belting place to come and share the magic! 

right wears my medication!

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: just can't put my finger on it....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:18 AM »
 :daumenhoch: thanks for sharing  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:21 AM »
your welcome mate  ;D

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 08:34 AM »
i just came over all emotional  :'(                                                     :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:38 AM »
i just came over all emotional 

Is Emotional one of the 7 Spens?  ???

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:39 AM »
i just came over all emotional 

Is Emotional one of the 7 Spens?  ???
you're a sick puppy, you know that   :LolLolLolLol:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 09:03 AM »
[quote author=58delray link=topic=i just came over all emotional  :'(                                                     :LolLolLolLol:
[/quote]

:) More bloody emos,that`s all we need :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 04:06 PM »
you hit the nail on the head pickle,being taken back to those early 80 in an instant is what its all about :D
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 04:13 PM »
its all this emo rock hes been listening to  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

[quote author=58delray link=topic=i just came over all emotional  :'(                                                     :LolLolLolLol:

:) More bloody emos,that`s all we need :daumenhoch:

[/quote]
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 09:00 PM »
the thing i like about this hobby/addiction, is how diverse it is. Myself i like to build old school bikes, im not too bothered about it having the most rare or expensive parts on it, i like restoring something thats battered, ive got a newish bike that i try to ride mainly at trails and parks, im shit on it but im up for having a go, you have people who build top spec bikes and are all about the bling but never ride them, you have people building bikes with parts that ive never heard of or ever seen which is brilliant as it opens up your eyes as to whats out there, youve got your serious riders who who can rip it up on trails, parks and race tracks, youve got the likes of del, steve firebird reproducing things that make peoples builds happen, sbd's paint jobs, so many diferent aspects which make up BMX, as pickle said some great friends have been made on rad and more will be made hopefully at the RADCHESTER do, so nice1 from me to the people who run this place it really is a top site
nice1 gaz :daumenhoch:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 09:09 PM »
keep feeling young great for the mind and body :daumenhoch:
and what's more i thought when i go out riding mine round the park with mrs and kids thought people would point and laugh but do you know what? I couldn't really give a shit cos for me my bmx is my ferrari and when i'm out on it i'm 15 again happy days :smitten:

sid1972

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 08:34 PM »
'god bless all', who sail in the big ship rad!

:daumenhoch:

nelsie

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 11:05 AM »
top marks for starting this mr pickle :daumenhoch:
i personally got the urge again....oh missus!! whilst over on volkszone website.someone was selling a bmx and another chap said try radbmx,so i clicked the link and.......oh..my...effing....days!!! i have done the car resto thing,motorbike thing  so time to do the bmx thing.so if i carry on next will be 5 speed racer with cowhorns 8) raleigh chicco and a budgie.and my wife is getting a bit worried,seeing as iam now 40."so are you going to ride that"rachel said. "might do" i replied. rachel then went in doors and watched eastenders. i stripped my recently purchased mongoose down to frame and forks. i was going to use the bacofoil and sarsons from the kitchen but i thought no that will do for one day..dont wanna push it too much. ;D
anyway superb site!!! end of the month and i will pay my donation to assist in keeping it that way :LolLolLolLol:
cheers!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  just can't put my finger on it....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx