gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)  (Read 9029 times)

spooky69

All we had was some dodgy wood left overs, a few bricks and if lucky a half decent bike.......but how much fun was to be had back then, I remember leaving my house at 9am and returning at 8pm, all day riding ,hanging with my mates building all manner of stuff :D
The good old days ......and yes that is John Povah..now Etnies bmx team manager aboard a Prostar :daumenhoch:

John Povah 1983

Paul Salter 1983

Stu Ross 1983

Tony Nicholson 1983

The only decent pic I have of myself back in 1984
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:55 PM by spooky69 »

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:17 PM »
Cracking pics  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

monkian

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19 PM »
Welcome to the site man. Cool pics :daumenhoch:
You showing good style 8)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Great pics mate  :4_17_5:  

Welcome to RAD too  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

spooky69

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:28 PM »
Thanks guy's, nice to find a friendly site.....feels good to be back riding again  :)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 11:30 PM »
Love pics seeing from back when we were riding back then ,

Make sure you have a good search for some more  ;)

enjoy the site mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 11:34 PM »

Cool  ;)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

spooky69

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Hey thanks very much, will take a while to work my way around all the good stuff on here :daumenhoch:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 06:04 AM »
Hey thanks very much, will take a while to work my way around all the good stuff on here :daumenhoch:

yeah your right there. There's so much shite with threads about volcanic ash that never was. :LolLolLolLol:

Love that quaterpipe. We had one just  the same. excellent photos. welcome to radbmx
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Sweet pictures - thanks for posting them  :daumenhoch:

M5AT

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 07:34 AM »
Them were the days

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 07:34 AM »
great pics  :4_17_5:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Cool pics , welcome to RAD  :daumenhoch:

spooky69

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 02:16 PM »
Thanks very much everyone, a few more to come from that period, just need to get scanning:)

bmxbob

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 02:50 PM »
RAD  :4_17_5:

Cool pics man  :)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Happy days from Bosie  :daumenhoch:

Tell, did you used to wear headphones and a walkman a lot bitd?  Trying to remember you ...

Better to crash and burn than fade away

spooky69

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 05:37 PM »
MartyC  -   haha, yeah that's right, the Bosanquet ramps :daumenhoch:
No that wasn't me with the headphones, but I was a regular at this spot and used to come into Heff's with these guy's when you worked there, you had the Patterson frame..yes?
Man, do you still ride?
Apart from the odd flirt with bmx,  I have mainly ridden MTB's over the last 20 odd years but I'm back on a Bmx this year and determined to continue to hit the trails, parks and the odd track, no intention to race though ( that never was my scene)!

I'll post some more pics of me on this thread tonight, I was at school with Tony and Paul in the pics so I rode with them most, dunno if you'll remember me though cos there was quite a crowd down at Bosie in those days!    Good to hear from a fellow Bosie local: ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:42 PM by spooky69 »

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 06:58 PM »
Cool pics, thanks for sharing........ :daumenhoch:

spooky69

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Last of the pics, I don't have too many from bitd, these are possibly scraping the bottom of the barrel...:) lol

Me- 1983 .I had to have a trick ramp in the garden, Mum didn't want it near the house but under the car port headroom was a bit of a problem :idiot2:  haha

Me- 1983 ..arrgghhh   backhops :-[

Me -Back then I could never get fed up with endo's!

Me - Out of the nearest thing we had to a bowl  ( Bosie for the one's who remember) :daumenhoch:

Me - I might resurrect this foot on the backwheel onehanded kickturn just for a laugh next time I'm down the local skatepark:)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:40 PM by spooky69 »

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 10:21 PM »
cool pics mate, i like the last 1 of the trick ramp, all the names sprayed on it, we had 1 just the same :D

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 08:46 AM »
MartyC  -   haha, yeah that's right, the Bosanquet ramps :daumenhoch:
No that wasn't me with the headphones, but I was a regular at this spot and used to come into Heff's with these guy's when you worked there, you had the Patterson frame..yes?
Man, do you still ride?
Apart from the odd flirt with bmx,  I have mainly ridden MTB's over the last 20 odd years but I'm back on a Bmx this year and determined to continue to hit the trails, parks and the odd track, no intention to race though ( that never was my scene)!

I'll post some more pics of me on this thread tonight, I was at school with Tony and Paul in the pics so I rode with them most, dunno if you'll remember me though cos there was quite a crowd down at Bosie in those days!    Good to hear from a fellow Bosie local: ;)

Good stuff and great memory, I did have a Patterson for a while and then moved onto a Haro Freestyler as I started riding freestyle mainly.  I used to love that jump at Bosie, shame is filled in and has houses on it now:(.

Great pics too, love the endo one, that's a street off Violet Ave isn't it?

I still ride, badly nowadays though LOL!  I have also moved to Perth, Western Australia about 2 years ago but have my bikes with me and have been dabbling a little with racing as have become mates with the 40+ No2 State rider.

I used to love that kickturn ramp, 360 nose turns and one hand one foot kickturns all day long!  Were you there when we set that ramp up facing down the old railway line and jumped off it onto the slope to the bottom?  Rad times and mega air!

Do you have any pics of the huge wooden table top jump that was built at Bosie too?  I could never jump that properly, I always missed the bloody down side and landed straight on the ground, too high too far  ::).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 09:11 AM »
cracking pictures and like you say, thats what it was all about BITD.....being out on your bike ALL day, building all sorts of ramps and jumps and just having a blast!   :4_17_5:

sid1972

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 09:14 AM »
 :4_17_5:  have

you still got the bike?

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 11:43 AM »
great pics  :daumenhoch:

spooky69

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 01:21 PM »
MartyC  ...   yeah I still pass through the old riding spot now and again and never do it without reminiscing about the good times, shame they built more houses and didnt even put a recreation area in for the growing number of kids!!!

No , the endo pic is outside my parents house in Cowley:)
I still ride regularly whether it's on the bmx or mtbs, that will never leave me whilst I'm fit, but the body doesn't react or recuperate as quickly as the mind thinks it should these days, so I'm just happy nibbling away here and there with the trick stuff, in a way it's kind of reliving it all over again, I have no pressure or desire to pull the big stuff any more on vert but show me a jump and it's hard to resist..  ;D

Jumping that ramp into the "bowl" area....yeah I was there then, haha....too much air, not getting the front down and slipping a pedal on landing , painful shins but back to the top for another go.......man, great times! I remember Paul Salter on one of his Diamond Backs, might have been the Silver Streak, passing out when he slipped his beartraps doing that and fainted at the sight of his own blood!!

I'm sure I had some pics of the tabletop, but my parents had all these until recently, but I haven't come across any so far.
Yeah we used to hack down the road from the corner of Bosie and hit the table at the end where it joined the grass, I remember you turning up and hitting the jump straight away and doing exactly that, missing the landing and sliding out in a heap about 15 foot away..haha...it did take a few people by surprise now and again!

Maybe we need to do a shout out for any Local riders from Hillingdon with pics of that place, someone must have taken some more, I remember when the Skyway team turned up with Craig Campbell and Paul Hudson along with their mobile 1/4 pipe, set it up opposite ours and everyone rode both ramps , by that time though John Povah ruled that ramp cos it was pretty much his back garden, was hitting it real high and with loads of variety ( I couldn't keep up with him at that point) but he rode his socks off that afternoon:)

The one thing that sticks firmly in my mind was that there was no attitude with riders that came to visit, everyone just wanted to see what everyone else could do, it was all friendly and we were happy for people to come ride that spot, it's not quite the same nowadays though in my experience!

sid1972 - no sadly i dont have any of my old bmx's, I'm currently riding a 2007/8 Hoffman Rhythm PL (can't even remember when I  bought it), no front brake, no pegs, no gyro, just set up for dirt really , although now and again I go down the local skatepark...and I use that term loosely cos it's hardly Harrow!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:48 PM by spooky69 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx