gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline ID ????? and the resto begins
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline ID ????? and the resto begins  (Read 937 times)

Moza

Redline ID ????? and the resto begins
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:32 PM »
Yes im hammering the resto section but im sure its giving you guys something to do. Ive Just got a Redline to restore/ride it has a ST2o decal on the seat tube which looks original. The downtube decal looks like its off another model ive looked and cant fint these two decals together on a Redline so can you tell from anything else like the frame number, it has the redline logo underneath :daumenhoch: pics coming asap !!!!

I decided to spray the bike with industrial cleaner then jet wash it

Then I stripped the Tuffs and cleaned them again ready to be bleached

I gave the MTB a clean aswell

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:02 PM by Moza »

trasher

Re: Redline ID ????? and the resto begins
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:45 PM »
coming up a treat ,,,but please tell me those tuffs  already had replacement  rivets

Moza

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:50 PM »
coming up a treat ,,,but please tell me those tuffs  already had replacement  rivets

The rear did the front is original and ive left it  :daumenhoch: maybe the rear had a coaster or a buggered hub !!! So dont worry I havent butchered it. And thanks its a start The frame isnt good so its getting dechromed this week then im sorting the dents and painting it.

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:52 PM »
The fact that it has the small triangle plate behind the seat-clamp area suggests a Redline ST-20, 600a or 500a from 1983-85 era  Japan made :daumenhoch:
Earlier frames without the Redline oval stamp on the bottom bracket were USA made.

Hope this helps  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Looks good Moza, love those bars, quality stem I'd say you;ve picked up a good one there  :daumenhoch:

Nice MTB too  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Moza

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47 PM »
The fact that it has the small triangle plate behind the seat-clamp area suggests a Redline ST-20, 600a or 500a from 1983-85 era  Japan made :daumenhoch:
Earlier frames without the Redline oval stamp on the bottom bracket were USA made.

Hope this helps  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for the info which is the better model lol

thanks for the comments Marty ive seen the stems do £100 on ebay!!!! as for the mtb ive restored that in away although it was only 2 year old lol. It gets used aswell  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 04:01 PM »
The fact that it has the small triangle plate behind the seat-clamp area suggests a Redline ST-20, 600a or 500a from 1983-85 era  Japan made

i've got a 500a im doing now.but it aint got that little triangle bit behind the seat tube ?.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36 PM »
From memory.. and I could be wrong.... the triangle plate came in very late 83 so some of the early 83 framesets didn't have it.

The 500a and 600a are identical framesets...... the 500a being sold as just a frameset and the 600a as a complete bike. Think the ST-20 was 1984 onwards as the decals are the same style as the RL20 Prostyler which came out in 1984 from memory  :daumenhoch:

Hope this helps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline ID ????? and the resto begins

gfxgfx
gfx gfx