gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M sheild colour slim seats
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M sheild colour slim seats  (Read 1071 times)

thecaptain

S&M sheild colour slim seats
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:32 PM »
Got one through the post today, but its different to one that I had off S&Malex

They both look authentic but one has the back of the seat replaced with a strip of material sewn onto the design, were there a few variations to these seats when they were sold?

(the one with stitched material was NOS from S&Malex with black rails, the other was from a guy on the bay and has silver rails

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: S&M sheild colour slim seats
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38 PM »
looks like the rip stop stuff they use on the newer s&m seats so maybe the ebay one was a later produced one and they were trying the rip stop stuff out?

what year were those seats first produced as i can never remember seeing one in the 90's

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Mine are the same as the one with the black rails, never seen one like that before

Saw it on the bay but thought it was a bit dear at 65 quid plus postage for a used seat, wondered if someone on ere got it

They're getting as pricey as kashimax aero's...  :LolLolLolLol:

Way rarer than a kashi anyhow

Just put a new thin seat on my LTF they're getting hard to find, should have left it on the card and put it in a drawer for 15 years...  :D

Kev i think they're late nineties seats, bout 97ish

thecaptain

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Just had word from a guy over in the US, he bought one with the all over vinyl back in mid 96, looks like they're both authentic, just a little change they were trying out. Pity there are not more of these out there to make a positive denotion about them

I just sold a load of old crap, Stuff i was only going to throw out, sold it as a job lot, made about £25 out of it, so the way I see it, i only spent about 45 on it, a deal in my books any day, haha

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:07 PM »
ahh k cool

97 to y2k is a bit of a haze, spent most of it chasing birds and booze :LolLolLolLol:

they do look nice

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M sheild colour slim seats

gfxgfx
gfx gfx