gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Need advice boys.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Need advice boys.....  (Read 951 times)

trajake

Need advice boys.....
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:50 PM »
hi all have got me a kuwy laser-lite got most of the parts now but obviously now its the most expensive like the redline 400's elina turbo and the oakley grips  ??? ???

Now for the moment i can live with a elina lightnin bolt seat and some kuwahara grips till the real deal comes along but dont know what to do about the redline 400's....

The thing is this build and re-chrome n stuff has cost a fortune and with bookin holidays for the family has eaten away the old dosh so cant justify splashin out £300 plus on the redline 400's i really want to find a crap set so i can re-chrome.......

So basically i am askin is there a chrome replacment set that i colud put in or should i wait till the day i find some that i want??????????????????

jason

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Need advice boys.....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Sugino CT's have the same spider as 400 but solid chromo arms.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:18 PM »
if your doing a stock build then you can't get round 400's. be patient, it's part of the game but be prepared to put your hand in your pocket. ;)
ding dong

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:45 AM »
Just a bit of friendly advice buddy... if you're after a truly mint build then I'd think twice about getting 400 cranks rechromed. The problem you will face is because the spider is "built-in" to the drive side arm and alloy, the chrome platers will have extreme difficulty getting the new chrome to take in the area where the arm goes over the spider so you'll more than likely end up with "nickel blooming" in these tight areas.  :(

Probably better off waiting for a mint set that don't require a rechrome fella  :daumenhoch:

Seen these on the bay.... stamped Redline not Sugino but only a minor detail - price is good at the minute too  :daumenhoch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-School-Bmx-Redline-400-Flight-Cranks-4-GT-Hutch-DG_W0QQitemZ200451426132QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2eabd60754#ht_620wt_1167

John

trajake

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Cheers for the advice men  :4_17_5: Must admit i do like them CT's they look great.............But alas i think as J.T says it's a waitin game so maybe i should save me pennies and wait for one to come along.......................Really really do like the C.T's............ :-\ :-\

jason

sweetbeats

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 08:57 PM »
CT's are cool Jason,go with the Sugino CT's A5 Model (The spider is stamped A5) they look great and had em on my old TA  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Need advice boys.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx