gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 10:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old local bike shop stock discovery and ebay listing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old local bike shop stock discovery and ebay listing  (Read 8579 times)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Old local bike shop stock discovery and ebay listing
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2010, 04:41 PM »
wonder how much of the money the women will actually see if this is genuine :police:
keep checking vert-ego's stock haha

It must have been some offer to tempt them into ending early and like craig said, why reply to people who had silly questions and not reply to somone with a legit offer and why end early  ??? ??? :idiot2:

martylaa

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2010, 04:46 PM »
wonder how much of the money the women will actually see if this is genuine :police:

It must have been some offer to tempt them into ending early and like craig said, why reply to people who had silly questions and not reply to somone with a legit offer and why end early  ??? ??? :idiot2:
it was the NWO who's bought it up jimmy :LolLolLolLol:
i'll piss meself if someone turns up and its a bag of shite old componets rotten to fook

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2010, 04:48 PM »

i'll piss meself if someone turns up and its a bag of shite old componets rotten to fook

I told you, they are everywhere  :LolLolLolLol:

martylaa

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2010, 04:51 PM »

I told you, they are everywhere  :LolLolLolLol:
:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2010, 07:28 PM »
yeh i got a similar message
Hi so sorry for the late reply. it has been so hard work, with offers and silly questions. many many thanks for your interest. a gentleman from down south put a offer in on saturday morning and have ended the auction, as its just not fair etc. it just sounds crazy as he not even seen them. mu husband knew they would be worth something, but it has just been crazy. many thanks

not sure what they mean by "as its just not fair" surely fair would be to let the auction run. never mind

dannywhiteley

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2010, 07:42 PM »
JimmyP why the fook have you got a swastika and hitler in your avatar??? :uglystupid2:

martylaa

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2010, 08:24 PM »
yeh i got a similar message
Hi so sorry for the late reply. it has been so hard work, with offers and silly questions. many many thanks for your interest. a gentleman from down south put a offer in on saturday morning and have ended the auction, as its just not fair etc. it just sounds crazy as he not even seen them. mu husband knew they would be worth something, but it has just been crazy. many thanks

not sure what they mean by "as its just not fair" surely fair would be to let the auction run. never mind
got the same email too :idiot2:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2010, 08:25 PM »
think we all got a dear john letter.lol

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2010, 08:30 PM »
one thing i just can't understand is this.

the seller has sold bmx's on ebay before and knows these are collectable. the lady with the shop wanted rid and was going to skip the lot. why did he not just say i will take them away for you or offered a couple of hundred pounds for them? from what i can make out the lady would have been happy for the space?

martylaa

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2010, 08:34 PM »
he's prob said i'll get ya about 500 notes for this lot leave it up to me :LolLolLolLol:
5-6 grand later :LolLolLolLol:
who ya reckon the gentleman down south is?
biagio?
what about pkradman or subwax have they been sniffing around  ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:36 PM by martylaa »

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Think its just been a wind up :( but its made the weekend a bit more exciting :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2010, 09:06 PM »

so which member was it ?   i reckon its gotta be a burner boy, who else would think they were valuable

mike0310

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2010, 09:16 PM »

so which member was it ?   i reckon its gotta be a burner boy, who else would think they were valuable
:LolLolLolLol:  :shocked:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29 AM »
load a bullshit.
ding dong

safc1

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2010, 08:49 AM »

so which member was it ?   i reckon its gotta be a burner boy, who else would think they were valuable

:LolLolLolLol:

big burner

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2010, 11:19 AM »

One burner boy was intrested and i believe offered £4000 the rest of us dont have that much cash ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2010, 11:58 AM »
All sounds a bit fishy ...........

Did someone mention food , yum yum  :D

baldbmxer

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2010, 12:25 PM »
A few years ago I went to Joe's bike shop on one of my road trips one Saturday - in between picking up a Quad, Haro Sport, Vector bars, Torker Stem etc etc and later a loopy Floval F&F  >:D

Was a good day that  ::) but there wasnt anything goodies to be had in the shop part at Joes. Who knows what lay behind the scenes though. Had a nice chat with the old guy though.

lodge

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56 PM »
why would he state dia-compe brakes and other brakes if he had no knowledge of o/s bmx, also seems a bit strange that its only bmx bikes and parts and not other types of bikes. hope no one gets fleeced.

peetbarker

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2010, 09:09 PM »
Hi guys, 1st post

I emailed these people, got the same response as others!

However, having now thought about it, Raleigh didn't box bikes in the 80's, they simply put cardboard sleeves around them...

That makes me think that these bikes were either fiction, or alot newer than anyone thought...

gossa

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Welcome Peet and you're dead right, cardboard shrouds! The plot thickens......

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2010, 09:38 PM »
The ad said the shop closed 84ish... bit vague

What if it closed down in the nineties and the diamond backs and mongoose's were pos completes worth next to nowt....  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32 PM »
i did find it strange someone would keep ther shop shut for over 20 years but continue to pay rates etc

russ j

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 06:35 AM »
i did find it strange someone would keep ther shop shut for over 20 years but continue to pay rates etc

my thoughts exactly.I said this on Burnerworld,strange if the owners were the 'outright' owners of the property then why keep paying rates on a shop that is not generating any kind of income back for them,also if it was only leased,then i would have thought that the original owners of the shop would have wanted it back open to generate an income for the shop,not keep it shut up for some 20 odd years :idiot2:

mark 2

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Up until 2008 you'd get 50% business rates relief if it were vacant, now your still liable to pay 100% with just the first 3 months relief. And this place doesn't look like it could be considered vacant anyway.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old local bike shop stock discovery and ebay listing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx