gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Nice little halfrauds story
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nice little halfrauds story  (Read 708 times)

dannywhiteley

Nice little halfrauds story
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:08 PM »
Went in today to get a freewheel removal tool (my local indie bike shop want £12 for one 8)), and couldnt see any on the racks.  The lad there said they had stopped stocking them, but had a root round his tool kit and sold me his spare (brand new) for £1.50...lol

Good lad, Halfords does come in useful sometimes... ;D

magna13

Re: Nice little halfrauds story
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Result :daumenhoch: i must admit when i worked for Halfords on my work experience on the bike department, they would give you a least 3 of each tool :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Got some copy MKS Graphites from Halfords in 83-84 bang tidy for £3 lasted a good 4 weeks  :crazy2:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:01 PM »
 :) Went into my local Halfrauds Craphut about 6 months ago,was after a cheapo tyre.The ****heads told me that nobody makes BMX tyres any more :wtf:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:37 AM »
i went to halfords once.....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 07:39 AM »
i went to halfords once.....

I drove past one the other day.....

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 10:57 AM »
I bought a road bike from Halfords last year, did the 'reserve online, pick-up in store' thing. Got there (about 15 miles away) only to be told they didn't have a spare one in stock.

To cut a very long, annoying, story short, they eventually (weeks later) got one for me, so I asked them not to build it and I'd pick it up and take it away in the box. The 'top bloke' in there assured me that as I was spending a significant amount on the bike that they would ensure that everything was set up properly, so against my better judgement, I let them build it.

Went to pick it up to see some young lad building another (childrens) bike, with the forks on the wrong way - didn't have the heart to tell him as I was sure one of his colleagues would anyway. Picked my bike up and all seemed well. Made my second mistake, by not check tightening everything before going out on it. I had just descended a hill and was travelling at about 25-30mph and got out of the saddle to honk up the forthcoming incline when the bars and stem decided to turn independently of the fork - luckily it didn't result in me eating tarmac, but I was most annoyed to find neither stem bolt had been tightened. The only thing holding the bars straight was the top-cap.

Idiots  ::)

madmike-bmx

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 11:04 PM »
the one down lakeside is utter crap ... went there to borrow a 19mm spanner to do up .... and the  :Aresehole: gave me a 8mm allen key :LolLolLolLol:

then about 3 months later went to get some grips ... i was told the grips had to be fitted by them and would cost 20 ... for some cheapo diamoundback grips ? come on not even the "top of the line"ones cost that much  :LolLolLolLol: :rant:

Broggie

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 08:37 AM »
For most things Halfords are retail price only, which is very shit.  I was in there a couple of weeks ago and asked (as you do) how much to fit a chain and rear deureilleur... £17 was the reply.  I then pointed out that the rear cassette would need the old lubricant cleaning off....

The reply.

'We don't have the facilities to do that'

reading between the lines, we'll fit a part (badly) if we don't have to get our hands dirty....

Time for such people to be unemployed methinks

Ray.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Nice little halfrauds story

gfxgfx
gfx gfx