gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 09:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Quick release?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Quick release?  (Read 2441 times)

telelogic

Quick release?
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Hi all,

Looking for a quick release seat clamp for my 07 Kuwahara laserlite.

do I need to look for anything specific or will the standard Sinze one fit?

Thanks for the help :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Quick release?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:07 PM »
 :) Standard Sinz one (31.8mm) should do the trick.QRs are fookin` horrid things though :daumenhoch:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:00 PM »
why?  ???

kdubbmx

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:20 PM »
I saw a guy garot himself on a QR seat post clamp once, ripped the muscle out of his leg and i had to hold him off the ground as he was hanging from from the clamp by his potruding leg muscle!!!   :shocked:

Pretty sure he quit riding after that.  :'(

nasty things.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Hmmm, interesting view. I'm wondering how the hell does it come undone to do such damage? Not pretty either way. Most definately not 1st choice if you're serious about weight saving for racing but they serve a purpose by saving heaps of time & aggro with seat adjustment when making the transition from street to track.

kdubbmx

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Didnt come undone at all, it was the sort that faces back when its fastened and the lever part is usually long enough to stick out the back of the seat tube and nearly always ends in a point.

If your off the back of the bike (as we often are) and the bike comes to a sudden stop (as in a crash) you fly forwards and if your unlucky enough to make contact with the 'knife' sticking out of your bike at leg level you will get stabbed.   :crazy2:

telelogic

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:27 PM »
For the sake of my beautiful legs/Balls I think I'll stick to a standard clamp!

Thanks for the help chaps :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 12:33 PM »
 My neg comment was for the same reasons as Kev`s,plus they`re ugly as sin.We already have clips in BMX,now QR clamps.Be bottle cages and mudguards next :daumenhoch:

telelogic

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36 PM »
So you're saying I should remove the basket then :-\

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:44 PM »

Please.The pump holder,panniers and Ever Ready lights will have to go as well...

telelogic

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 12:49 PM »
SH1T!!!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 05:04 PM »
I use the Salsa QR on my Yeti and find it really useful for raising the seat for warming up/cooling down and the smooth shape helps it remain snag free

My neg comment was for the same reasons as Kev`s,plus they`re ugly as sin.We already have clips in BMX,now QR clamps.Be bottle cages and mudguards next :daumenhoch:

I am against clips as much as the next person but do remember NTB/Road bikes gave us ahead headset/stems, v-brakes and oversized seatposts ect...

Dingo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 05:58 PM by dingobmxer »

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Its  a Kuwwie, Where's ET going to go without his basket :LolLolLolLol:

I have a QR for the sake of the clour matching my grip colloars and top cap :-[  Thinking about getting rid of it now, Although my seat is low and close to the seat clamp and the blade points forward.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sixpack-QR-Quick-release-Seat-Clamp-31-8mm-34-9mm_W0QQitemZ220556669084QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item335a33b09c#ht_1178wt_1167

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Its  a Kuwwie, Where's ET going to go without his basket :LolLolLolLol:

I have a QR for the sake of the clour matching my grip colloars and top cap :-[  Thinking about getting rid of it now, Although my seat is low and close to the seat clamp and the blade points forward.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sixpack-QR-Quick-release-Seat-Clamp-31-8mm-34-9mm_W0QQitemZ220556669084QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item335a33b09c#ht_1178wt_1167

Thinking of getting rid....may i ask what made you think of it? morbid curiousity  :)
Maybe Keiths story is why most face forward...who knows but i do know that for me it's heaps better than getting up on the gate then realising your seat it still up & having to lose your place & go back to the van for an allen key  :daumenhoch:

part time

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Being pretty out of touch with the race scene as I am, why would anyone want to change the height of their seat once it's set anyway?

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Being pretty out of touch with the race scene as I am, why would anyone want to change the height of their seat once it's set anyway?

Warming up/warming down and gently spinning the lactic acid out of your legs after a full pace lap.

Moschops

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 08:09 PM »
I use a quick clamp, and fit it upside down so that 'the point' faces in front of me  :daumenhoch:

Gives me the ability to use my bike whatever the situation. did a 2 mile family bike ride on it a while ago........34 13 gearing and 2 miles trying to keep up with 15 gear road bikes is interesting :idiot2:

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 10:58 PM »

Warming up/warming down and gently spinning the lactic acid out of your legs after a full pace lap.
There's always that too.........god, my memory! I, along with many, do this but it didn't even cross my mind  :-[....cheers Mike  ::)

telelogic

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Got one that faces forward.

looks good and works well :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Quick release?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx