gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Sean sexton, tony hamlin, ben hennon, and the legend john Taylor....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sean sexton, tony hamlin, ben hennon, and the legend john Taylor....  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
....are coming to cov tonight to ride street and do some videoing. Anyone close by fancies a bit of a treat a street session will be going from ride bike shop in holbrooks about 5:30!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: Sean sexton, tony hamlin, ben hennon, and the legend john Taylor....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I love Jon. He rules.

Have fun Philbertious and send my best to Jon.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I will do stodgy.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Fook me am I having a rant when I get in

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:17 PM »
What's up Phil?

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 06:13 PM »
last night was a fookin joke, the only person i'm not going to slag down is john taylor! i like john, he's rad and a good bloke all the dealings i've had with him

now i've been riding bmx twenty five fookin years and what happened last night made my blood boil, and left a salty air to bmx. i was only along for the ride with other people to have a laugh with everyone,  meet some new people and catch up with old friends. i only knew john and ben, the two yanks, and this other lad matt priest i'd never heard of so didn't really give two sh!ts about them. what was supposed to happen was meeting at the local bike shop in cov at half five then go street riding for a bit. everyone have a good laugh then go our seperate ways leaving all the young lads happy that they'd met some pro's and rode with them. myself i'd have just been happy with a good atmosphere and some good memories of some rad riding.

what actually happened was, i got to the shop just after half past, the 'pro's' were tooked up in the corner chatting amongst themselves and about ten locals were chatting all over the shop, at about six when we were discussing where we were going to go, john asked the 'pro's' what they wanted to do, the answer, 'we want to get some food!' so that put an end to them coming out riding with the locals. about 25 rider in all had come for this session and 95% of them, including myself had skipped food to go ride instead. the dissapointment on the lads faces was terrible.

now companies names are sh!t to me now after what happened, seventies and kink! if you've arranged to do something you should honour it, regardless of if you've been riding corby all day, these guys are ambassadors for the sport and their companies , to stand in a shop for half an hour then fook off is an insult in my opinion. these lads looked more worried about how they looked and image than how they were making an impression on people. these young lads don't know what they've got and i think they're a disgrace to the sport.

my comparrison is a few years ago etnies/T1 did a tour and stopped by cov for a ride with the locals, they' gave away free tshirts, hung out with everyone, rode with us and generally had a good tim. then off over to creation, went out for food and rode.

to me this just highlights the caliber of riders from then and now!

gobshite

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 06:46 PM »
i can see your point philbs, seems shady :-\

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53 PM »
hmm not impressed i must say,i would have blow my top.i thought john would have known better.
,matt is a proper good rider but loves himself quite alot.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Proper shite that... its the young un's that look up to em i feel sorry for...  :(

lodge

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38 PM »
 :(

subversion

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:50 PM »
Phil you're a '90's boy' dude & you know as well as I do that that kinda shit would NEVER have happened back then. BMX has got too big for it's boots imo. May be send an email to their 'sponsors' complaining what a poor example that they set of their respective companies?

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Phil, you are right to be pissed. Im sure (hope) they didnt mean to be bad but it sure sounds like they could have tried harder.

The moral of the story is, if you go to go riding in Cov, you go there to ride with PHIL (the the other locals), not some visting rent-a-pro  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 08:35 AM »
that really is pants!  :-\   but agree with Alex....Phil's cool  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 10:30 AM »
I've had many a fun session with phil in a p!ss stained carpark.......and had some good times riding in Cov with him too!  :-*

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Sean sexton, tony hamlin, ben hennon, and the legend john Taylor....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx