gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 03:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  2Hip Pork
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2Hip Pork  (Read 11337 times)

Jeez

Re: 2Hip Pork
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 09:16 AM »
Well here's my 2-Hip Pork.  I like the frame, looks and feel, but then again I'm not really much of a BMX'er - she just gets used for nipping around locally, and the odd bunnyhop and very mild ramp riding.  Main problem is the wheel nuts sinking into the rear dropouts making wheel removal a pain in the arse.

2 Hip Pork, aluminium frame
Profile racing crank
Profile racing bar-tenders
Gusset Hooka wheels with 14 mm axle
ACS Claw 14t freewheel
FSA The Pig headset
Volume Bronson Bars
Forks – Unknown
Profile Racing Imperial Black 38 tooth chainring
Primo Corey Martinez grips

I am not looking to sell as I am 99.9% sure I would be gutted at the offers, on the other hand if you wanna pm me you can!

subversion

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Looks great for what you're doing with it mate, see if you can get some oversized cone nuts & washers to stop mulching the dropouts up?

Your stem reminds me of the Smash advert!?

:D

firebird4130

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 07:29 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I wonder if there's any other food based parts on that bike?

reay900tap

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 07:59 PM »
 'Main problem is the wheel nuts sinking into the rear dropouts making wheel removal a pain in the arse.'

I had the same problem, I made some chain tugs out of angle iron that covered the whole dropout, this also protected them in grinds,  funny enough while going through my workshop the other day I found one, see if I can get a pic of it....

Jeez

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Looks great for what you're doing with it mate, see if you can get some oversized cone nuts & washers to stop mulching the dropouts up?

I can see what you mean!  I bought the bike new... Edwardes in Camberwell.  They's obviously struggled to flog the frame and made her up with cheap parts to try and shift her that way.  Cost about the same as the then-RRP for the frame only, but the RRP on these has plummeted since!

Anyway, I've changed most parts - wheels, bars, headset, bottom bracket, saddle for example - but the stem is one thing that I never got round to, and I spend more time on MTBs now.  Just made up a GT Chucker as a 26" wheel single speed, rigid fork jump bike which will almost certainly relegate the BMX to even more infrequent use.

I am curious to know what she might be worth - gut feel is that someone might pay £100-£120 on the basis they can strip her, sell most of the parts and be left with a couple of parts and the frame as a a freebie or small profit.  Frame only worth?  Gut feel sweet FA despite being in decent nick!

Other food relate parts?  Bronson bars - he'd eat you for breakfast.  Apple-logo stickers.

And Ray, I'd be interested in seeing your chain tugs if you can be arsed to take a photo and post it.

firebird4130

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 10:29 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I didn't even see the apple before

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 12:57 PM »
I used some large diameter thin washers on the inside of the drops & chain tensioners on the outside on Mine, never had a problem with the wheelnuts digging in. Never had pegs on though!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

nomad

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 05:02 PM »

I can see what you mean!  I bought the bike new... Edwardes in Camberwell.  They's obviously struggled to flog the frame and made her up with cheap parts to try and shift her that way.  Cost about the same as the then-RRP for the frame only, but the RRP on these has plummeted since!

Anyway, I've changed most parts - wheels, bars, headset, bottom bracket, saddle for example - but the stem is one thing that I never got round to, and I spend more time on MTBs now.  Just made up a GT Chucker as a 26" wheel single speed, rigid fork jump bike which will almost certainly relegate the BMX to even more infrequent use.

I am curious to know what she might be worth - gut feel is that someone might pay £100-£120 on the basis they can strip her, sell most of the parts and be left with a couple of parts and the frame as a a freebie or small profit.  Frame only worth?  Gut feel sweet FA despite being in decent nick!

Other food relate parts?  Bronson bars - he'd eat you for breakfast.  Apple-logo stickers.

And Ray, I'd be interested in seeing your chain tugs if you can be arsed to take a photo and post it.

I sold the frameset and bars for £75 posted if that helpds. But that was 2hip bars, stem and forks

Jeez

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 09:44 AM »

I sold the frameset and bars for £75 posted if that helpds. But that was 2hip bars, stem and forks

Makes sense, I doubt I was far wrong with my estimate.  Just not worth selling for that money, I'll keep her at the back of the basement and get her out a couple of times a year.

Offline Nbevan83

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2016, 08:05 PM »
I'm selling a yellow Ali pork frame if any interest to anybody?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  2Hip Pork

gfxgfx
gfx gfx