gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  My 93 Euro's final, nearly E1 and how to fook up a corner and manualling
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My 93 Euro's final, nearly E1 and how to fook up a corner and manualling  (Read 7189 times)

moomin

THIRSTYKIRSTY

just like you jumpin at crew glen and usin me to land on ,,,,,

good 1 nikki ,,ya a spicey little rider aint ya girl,,,more ways than 1 xxxx

dan-dare

cool. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Now why can't you race like that now. Well appart from being pregnant (again).  :LolLolLolLol:

QuadPaul

cracking Video Nikki, you rode a blinder to even be in contention there after the 1st berm!! Where was the berm bitch in the last corner though??

Makes me feel better about you beating me at MK the other year :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
soooooooooooooo close, but then soooooooooooo far, cracking jump though Nik  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Cool riding Nik  :4_17_5:

Wish I was 1/2 as good..

Cannot beleve that last berm  :'(

But as they say in the Blue Oyster Bar......

Don't leave your back door open or someone will sneek in  :-X
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
sweet jump nikki  :daumenhoch:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
wow thats rad racing

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

Made me go all goosy. you're DEFINATELY racing once you've finished baking that bun.
is it my eyes or did you get out of your seat at the very last moment before the gate went down? looked like you almost missed it.

moomin

Thanks for the comments guys, i'd been bricking doing that jump all through practice, slipped my pedals trying in the 2nd moto doing it and only cleared it in the final  :LolLolLolLol:

And Kev, it was my weird gate technique back then  :idiot2:

Still gutted watching that back, how i manged to lose the lead with the momentum i had i'll never know  :crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

Awesome skills Niki :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
How proud am I???
My mrs looked so quick, and smooth.
After our new addition this year perhaps we can get her back to doing what she does best :daumenhoch:  :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Pukka Nik, Pukka!

kdubbmx

Am i the only one that gets all emotional watching things like this??    :buck2: :LolLolLolLol:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

Am i the only one that gets all emotional watching things like this??    :buck2: :LolLolLolLol:
GOD NO! Went all goosy watching it, couldn't help feel her disappointment watching her punch her leg in anger at not taking advantage of the momentum out the last corner, especially after that awesome move on the penultimate straight. We've all had moments like that though (but certainly not in euro finals) so know how gutted she must have been. i know i'd have had to ride straight past that finish line & find somewhere to shed a quiet tear  :'(

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
There's some good racing there :daumenhoch:
Hard to believe (if you've seen me recently) but I had a British Champs final on my cruiser, was in 3rd going into the first corner and got slammed from behind, losing my pedals and only just staying on. Dead last, then recovered to challenge for 5th on the line.

Still smarts after 20 years... (My dad won 40+ so not a bad day all round)

...and now I'm struggling to wobble round a track and stay on :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

If only you hadn't got distracted by men, booze and fags, you could've been one of the biggest names in UK BMX, Nik.

spillers#1

hahahaha  :LolLolLolLol: mike there are occasions when you crack me up...yeah i saw the final on facebook and said to nik that i couldn't believe how rad she was that move over the jump was brilliant.Now get tony to keep his trouser snake locked away and the drinks cabinet and start riding properly again mrs ratty  ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Great stuff, true old school racing and how smooth was your riding  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Rodgy1970

that move over the jump was brilliant

I'll second that 100%  :daumenhoch:

I've watched this a few times today to see it again   :)

dialledbikes

hahahaha  :LolLolLolLol: mike there are occasions when you crack me up...yeah i saw the final on facebook and said to nik that i couldn't believe how rad she was that move over the jump was brilliant.Now get tony to keep his trouser snake locked away and the drinks cabinet and start riding properly again mrs ratty  ;)

Happy to oblige Lee  :LolLolLolLol:  Looking forward to seeing you soon for a good old chinwag.  Got my new 4X weapon back from SBD today, so looking forward to getting that built in time for the 4X season.

I wasn't taking the piss out of Nik though.  There are lots of riders out there who, if they hadn't got distracted in the 80s by various things (boys, girls, booze, acid house  :D ) could've been legendary riders like Dale, Dylan and Jamie.

Adele Croxon is another girl who could've achieved much more in BMX but jacked it in to go to uni then became Mrs Steve Peat.  She was an awesome rider.  First Brit to win the ABA Grands, I think.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Great Video Nikki  :daumenhoch: .

Your feelings sound similar to my british champs in 86 , won my semi in front of Dale , hit the gate in the main , made it back to miss third on the line by inches ( was dead last , long way back in eighth after the gate fook up !  :( ) .

Got it on VHS somewhere , from so far back to nearly snatch a podium it surprises me now in a 30sec or so race  ;) .

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Top stuff :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
i've just seen this thread, that was nuts nik, to say i'm impressed

is an understatement ???   :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  My 93 Euro's final, nearly E1 and how to fook up a corner and manualling

gfxgfx
gfx gfx