gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ISIS Type BB removal help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ISIS Type BB removal help  (Read 831 times)

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
ISIS Type BB removal help
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:24 PM »

I'm trying to get the BB out of my daughters redline race bike. It's an ISIS type but my removal tool has not got a bigger enough diameter to go over the spindle, I've looked at others and they all look the same. Any ideas on what tool I need ?

Here's some pics :-

lodge

Re: ISIS Type BB removal help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Is that ring thats preventing the tool going on not removable? try pricing it off if it is? is the other side the same? you may have to take the other cup out and drive the axle out.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Is that ring thats preventing the tool going on not removable? try pricing it off if it is? is the other side the same? you may have to take the other cup out and drive the axle out.

I knew the ring was stopping it and having just posted the pics up it does look like it might come off  :-\ I thought it was all one.  It's the same on both sides. I will have another look to see if it does prise off  :daumenhoch:     

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53 PM »
You need the correct tool, The one you have is for a square taper spindle/BB I think?

Dingo

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 03:06 PM »
It looks like the axle has moved through the bearings a bit, try giving it a tap and see if you can move it back so that the ring is right up agaist the bearings then the tool should go in ok, and don`t forget that the non drive side, or left hand side, is a left hand thread  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 03:17 PM »

I knew the ring was stopping it and having just posted the pics up it does look like it might come off  :-\ I thought it was all one.  It's the same on both sides. I will have another look to see if it does prise off  :daumenhoch:     

That ring was removable  :-[  I got it off and managed to tap the tool on and it's now off  :daumenhoch:

Cheers chaps for your replies  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ISIS Type BB removal help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx