gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975723 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie August 21, 2024, 06:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Vector
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vector  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Vector
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 10:24 PM »
These are the forks I'm on about ............its says NOS...

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/vector/2632

I'm guessing he means his frame is NOS , those are'nt Vector forks as you can see from all the ads I've posted .

As JT says , look like Tange forks ( bit like on Raleigh Burner Aero Pro's ? ) .

magna13

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 10:38 PM »
These are the forks I'm on about ............its says NOS...

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/vector/2632

look like tange to me...here's my old vector.

should never have sold it...they are a cool bike.

:4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Cheers for the info Matt & J.T  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

I fell in love with these when I saw the black F&F in the for sale section, although I do prefer the Oval forks (although they are not Vector  ;) ) I'd not see any Vector frames before even BITD.

Not to sure about the bars look a bit to "freestyle" for my liking

I take it things like the pads, forks and bars are like rocking horses poo  :shocked: ???
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 11:28 AM »
its like anything...pure luck.

i spend 2 years looking for an r gusset robinson...practically every day using ebay search engines etc...

i got one..then about another 4 turned up in the space of 3 months...

persevere..which is good, because you get to find out how much you really want something, or whether its a fad.

i'd go through the gallery and pm the people who have them...

you never know your luck..

p.s mine is sold, so dont pm me :D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Cheers for the info Matt & J.T  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

I fell in love with these when I saw the black F&F in the for sale section, although I do prefer the Oval forks (although they are not Vector  ;) ) I'd not see any Vector frames before even BITD.

Not to sure about the bars look a bit to "freestyle" for my liking

I take it things like the pads, forks and bars are like rocking horses poo  :shocked: ???

Markj has some bars For sale right now , fork & pads are rare  ;) .

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Yer seen um............bit to pricey for me at the mo plus as I've said before on here.........after the tax man has took his 40%, the missis has had her cut and my daughter and the dog have had their bit.....................not much left for the BMX fund  :'(

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Pete that black is one mine mate in the for sale section, beautiful light frameset that is but I won't be able to do it justice... it is... still for sale :)

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14 PM »
think your black one is my old yellow one...small world ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 02:19 PM »
John it is mate, just been done by SBD  ;)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Matt that F&F is Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookin beautiful I've always loved GT Pro's and Goose Pro Class's (used to have em BITD) but it was the first Vector I'd ever seen

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Right anyone want to buy a 34 year old blonde women only had one child, size 14 not afraid of house work also works full time (as a copper) and has a 53 plate Grand Cherokee + an 18 month old girl very beautiful has some teeth and sleep all night most of the time................likes the word No and Mummy

Will swap for Vector F&F...............I could have asked for NOS F&F+ Bars+ Pads..............................if she was'nt a copper  ;D ;D ;D

sweetbeats

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 03:51 PM »
Vector stuff rules...especially the bars can't explain why I like em so much but I do :D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Does any know what its like to ride a bike with them "stem and bar combie's" ?

sweetbeats

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 04:13 PM »
I haven't rode my haro ones yet popped them in my TA and felt shit..but seem fine with the geometary on a master...they also look the bollocks too...I rode my vector pro's on my ta and they looked great but didn't go with the feel of the bike for some reason.

For rideability the VC ones are far better nice and roomy and wide and my fave bars of all time :smitten:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:16 PM by sweetbeats »

Kevenater

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 10:58 AM »
vector fans, stay tuned for a cool pic of my childhood vector freestyler "freeplay" GEN 3  bought new in about 85 or 86(6th grade). I can't find the original pic but did find the negative yesterday FINALLY  and will be taking it somewhere today to get a couple pics made from it. That is easily done I HOPE! That is what negatives are for as far as I know. The stickers on the frame pics I see on the forums look NOTHING like what I had. Mine looked sooooo much better I think! Anyway, I'll have that pic up asap for anybody interested. My brother backed over and broke the bars on this bike when i was about 14, it was the highly sought after neckless bars too.......i took the bike to a body shop to get the bars welded and the whole bike repainted when i was about 20 years old and sadly and idiotically never went back to get it...........still kicking my dumbass for that one!!!  I have finally located a frame and forks that should ship to me today so I'll be attempting to reproduce my bike that you'll see in the pic. thinking of changing the colors though. as I don't know if somebody will be capable of looking at the pic and making me a repro set of stickers and pads for the bike. Mine did have pads.... I'm very excited about this project! can't wait to get my frame and forks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 03:29 PM »
vector fans, stay tuned for a cool pic of my childhood vector freestyler "freeplay" GEN 3  bought new in about 85 or 86(6th grade). I can't find the original pic but did find the negative yesterday FINALLY  and will be taking it somewhere today to get a couple pics made from it. That is easily done I HOPE! That is what negatives are for as far as I know. The stickers on the frame pics I see on the forums look NOTHING like what I had. Mine looked sooooo much better I think! Anyway, I'll have that pic up asap for anybody interested. My brother backed over and broke the bars on this bike when i was about 14, it was the highly sought after neckless bars too.......i took the bike to a body shop to get the bars welded and the whole bike repainted when i was about 20 years old and sadly and idiotically never went back to get it...........still kicking my dumbass for that one!!!  I have finally located a frame and forks that should ship to me today so I'll be attempting to reproduce my bike that you'll see in the pic. thinking of changing the colors though. as I don't know if somebody will be capable of looking at the pic and making me a repro set of stickers and pads for the bike. Mine did have pads.... I'm very excited about this project! can't wait to get my frame and forks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Looking forward to seeing the pic  :daumenhoch:

There is a man on site who may be able to help out with decals, but you'll need some good quality images or scans to help him along  ;).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Kevenater

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 09:05 PM »
Hey MartyC don't u have a vector of some kind? If you do I'd like to see a pic. I got my pic made from the negative but it's not very clear for some reason......it's gonna be a no go on the stickers as far as getting them exact.  Maybe somebody can get them in the ball park but that's gonna be about it. I don't understand why the pic came out without much detail. I guess I should just be glad that I found the negative at least!  maybe I'll find the original pic, I know its around here somewhere unless it got thrown away accidentally somehow. If I remember correctly it was very clear and detailed. I have a broken ankle and can't really dig for the pic like i need to right now lol. I'll get that pic on here in a little bit. I still have to scan it and get it on my pc. Hope vector fans like it. It's exactly as it came new and the pic was taken within a month or so of buying the bike.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 09:04 AM »

Hi ,

Ref our pm's , looking forward to seeing any pics  :daumenhoch: . Glad you found a F+F , what kind of condition is it in and where did you find it ? .

Matt

Kevenater

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Here's the pic of my old bike. Will update on the one I found a little later  lol. Hope everybody likes, this is the way they should look instead of the black and chrome stickers..... these were pink with white outline. the bottom tube said Vector freeplay... the seat post tube sticker said "freestyle" or "unlimited" with maybe usa after it i think. the handlebars said "unlimited" on one side and Vector freeplay on the other. The forks also said vector freeplay. All of the descriptions I've seen always call it a freestyler, but mine said freeplay all over it and only the freestyle on the seat post tube. That's the first thing I noticed the other day when i got on some of these forums searching for info on the bike. I think i've only saw it referenced as a freeplay once.  It came with a white hinged mx seat clamp, odi mushroom grips,  star levers and "freestyle" calipers. I have the levers, calipers, chrome fluted snake bend seatpost and seat, one piece cranks but they laid outside buried into the ground for a few years at my moms till a few days ago so I have some rust to try and deal with. it also came with skyway tuff II mags. I'm afraid my mom probably threw them away a couple years ago......I hope not, I have a whole house full of storage to go through to look for them. seems like she asked me if they were any good a couple years ago and i told her no.........i sure hope not!!!!!!! I know that's why the cranks etc were outside and had fallen off the steps onto the ground and were never picked up till i went and got them the other day. This is at my moms second house which is used for storage at the moment lol. I sure hope those mags are buried up in the house and not thrown away. I'm gonna do everything I can to try to find out where the NEW body shop that guy built some years back and try to track down my original frame, forks, bars...... its a long shot for sure as that was like 96 or so when i took it to his old shop. my brother thinks the guy died or went to prison a few years ago. I'd pass out if I could luck up and somebody associated with the body shop knows where my bike is and i can get it back!  pray pray pray for me!!!!!! lol  it was still in VERY good condition except for the bars being broken at the "stem" weld where my brother backed over them.  anyway, hope this pic sheds a new light on the gen 3. I know some people say it's ugly, but my pic looks way better than the white ones i see posted online with the black red and chrome stickers. wish the pic was clear so you could really see just how awesome it looked.  oh, one more thing, the pads were factory and had pink lettering and velcro

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:57 AM by Kevenater »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Here's the pic of my old bike. Will update on the one I found a little later  lol. Hope everybody likes, this is the way they should look instead of the black and chrome stickers..... these were pink with white outline. the bottom tube said Vector freeplay... the seat post tube sticker said "freestyle" or "unlimited" with maybe usa after it i think. the handlebars said "unlimited" on one side and Vector freeplay on the other. The forks also said vector freeplay. All of the descriptions I've seen always call it a freestyler, but mine said freeplay all over it and only the freestyle on the seat post tube. That's the first thing I noticed the other day when i got on some of these forums searching for info on the bike. I think i've only saw it referenced as a freeplay once.  It came with a white hinged mx seat clamp, odi mushroom grips,  star levers and "freestyle" calipers. I have the levers, calipers, chrome fluted snake bend seatpost and seat, one piece cranks but they laid outside buried into the ground for a few years at my moms till a few days ago so I have some rust to try and deal with. it also came with skyway tuff II mags. I'm afraid my mom probably threw them away a couple years ago......I hope not, I have a whole house full of storage to go through to look for them. seems like she asked me if they were any good a couple years ago and i told her no.........i sure hope not!!!!!!! I know that's why the cranks etc were outside and had fallen off the steps onto the ground and were never picked up till i went and got them the other day. This is at my moms second house which is used for storage at the moment lol. I sure hope those mags are buried up in the house and not thrown away. I'm gonna do everything I can to try to find out where the NEW body shop that guy built some years back and try to track down my original frame, forks, bars...... its a long shot for sure as that was like 96 or so when i took it to his old shop. my brother thinks the guy died or went to prison a few years ago. I'd pass out if I could luck up and somebody associated with the body shop knows where my bike is and i can get it back!  pray pray pray for me!!!!!! lol  it was still in VERY good condition except for the bars being broken at the "stem" weld where my brother backed over them.  anyway, hope this pic sheds a new light on the gen 3. I know some people say it's ugly, but my pic looks way better than the white ones i see posted online with the black red and chrome stickers. wish the pic was clear so you could really see just how awesome it looked.  oh, one more thing, the pads were factory and had pink lettering and velcro

Cool pic  :daumenhoch:

I'm thinking perhaps "Freeplay" was the model name of the complete bike offered by Vector ? .

Kevenater

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 11:23 PM »
thanks matt, I was thinking the same thing about the freeplay.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Vector

gfxgfx
gfx gfx