gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 07:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  old skool is dead long live dialled bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old skool is dead long live dialled bikes  (Read 2333 times)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
old skool is dead long live dialled bikes
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:05 PM »
yeah and why not, feel like i've painted a bucket load of mikes frames lately, cruisers and 20" race frames,

such a sweet simple design and look the nuts after i've changed the colours ;D

love restoring the old skool bikes but really loving doing all these personal custom colours,

it's sweet that instead of replicating an old look for show that i'm painting a personal colour that

the owner will actually ride and race it  :daumenhoch:

For powder coating drop me a pm

moomin

Re: old skool is dead long live dialled bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:24 PM »
Good call Dan,

The old school look is fun but like u pointed out an exclusive colour, and summit a bit different adds variety to the fab job you and Mike do, my illuminous pink Dialled was the NUTS, thanks Sweetie, Mike and Dan  :smitten:

It certainly turned heads  :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Dan, once we're back on our feet you will have fun with the powders we're planning, challenge aint the word, Rats may end up in Hatfield  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 11:40 PM »
looking forward to doing these mad colours :)

one thing though,  mikes not that dialled, he aint brought out a freestyle frame yet :-\

tut tut,   ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Thanks for the props Dan, and you know I like what you do to my frames to make them personal to the owners.

As for a freestyle frame, it will happen one day but at the moment cash flow is my major problem.  I tend to release frames that I want to see come to life rather than ones which will be the most successful commercially.  But when I do design a freestyle frame your boy Billy will definitely get one to thrash test.

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:45 PM »
Dan,

You really have done an amazing job, i cant believe how durable this paint is and im still waiting for a decent sunny day so it really comes alive.

Im not sure how im going to beat this....

So thanks again, cant wait for the season to start....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Mine will be making it's way to you at some point Dan as I'm not loving the colour mine is at the moment.

Just can't decide on colour yet.  :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Has to be yellow for you Zips >:D  :LolLolLolLol:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Probably go for Orange or Yellow.

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I'm gonna eventually build a blue one up (if I get chance as there are only 6 or 7 frames left), then get it chromed or black chromed once the blue paint gets tatty.

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 05:53 PM »
black chrome sounds excellent - like the Diamond Back harry Leary in the feb BOTM.  Yeah Mike go for it...

Just got back from Training at Daggers (20 gates on the trot with hardly any rest - nearly puked my ring up...) I hate CK :2gunsfiring_v1: :LolLolLolLol:

any hoo Billy has his finshed and built in the white... looking really good, but the colour i really like is that deep red the new 20" are in there was a couple of them there today - lovely they are...

Im loving the ride Mike, cant stop smiling - its actually making me go training because i WANT to ride it... :smitten:

DONNY R

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Yellow zippy  :coolsmiley: like Dan pullens Haro

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 07:44 PM »
black chrome sounds excellent - like the Diamond Back harry Leary in the feb BOTM.  Yeah Mike go for it...

Just got back from Training at Daggers (20 gates on the trot with hardly any rest - nearly puked my ring up...) I hate CK :2gunsfiring_v1: :LolLolLolLol:

any hoo Billy has his finshed and built in the white... looking really good, but the colour i really like is that deep red the new 20" are in there was a couple of them there today - lovely they are...

Im loving the ride Mike, cant stop smiling - its actually making me go training because i WANT to ride it... :smitten:

Really glad the bike makes you want to get out there and ride, Si  :daumenhoch:

Sounds like Grant Turner has his built up now.  I hadn't seen one of the red ones built up until Jason Jessop sent me this pic a while ago.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Yellow zippy  :coolsmiley: like Dan pullens Haro

No Yellow like my 2007 Robbo race bike.  ;)

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 10:56 PM »

pretty sure that was Grants one there today.  there was another the same colour, had a sort of gusset on the top tube, was that one of the prototypes?

Really glad the bike makes you want to get out there and ride, Si  :daumenhoch:

Sounds like Grant Turner has his built up now.  I hadn't seen one of the red ones built up until Jason Jessop sent me this pic a while ago.

KGB Matt

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 11:23 PM »
The one with the gusset was Mike ( Maximillian ) from peckham... the last model MX20.

Still looks mint though.

Matt

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 07:42 AM »
The one with the gusset was Mike ( Maximillian ) from peckham

aka Coolio  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt's right, Mike's bike is a custom sprayed MX20 (previous version).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  old skool is dead long live dialled bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx