gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 05:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Primo Balance 7005 Rims
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Primo Balance 7005 Rims  (Read 1058 times)

oldschool rider

Primo Balance 7005 Rims
« on: January 02, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Has anybody on here used these rims and are they any good ?

I'm lookin for new Chrome 36 hole rims and I saw these and they look nice and are light, any other suggestions as I want the lightest rim I can get as I don't weigh much so don't need anything bullet proof.

cheers,
S

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Primo Balance 7005 Rims
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:54 PM »
They were very popular for a while.  Don't think the chrome lasted too long though....  mind you, that seems to be common to all chrome rims these days.

Bring back SuperPros I say  :)

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 11:04 PM »
I've a pair of these had no probs with the chrome finish, but i only ride indoor skateparks a couple of times a week

Very light but i put a massive dent in the rear hanging up on the step up at rampworx... easily straightened with pliers...  >:D

Light but not indestructable...  :(

If i were looking for a new wheelset i'd get a proper bike co pair, for around £210 you wont go far wrong...  :daumenhoch:

Dont think they do chrome though...  :-\

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:53 PM »
I had rear in Titanium finish , really light as too
but did pretty light use indoor again so can't vouch for how strong .

Again , if you ride hard don't go for the lightest products

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:33 AM »
i run a 36 chrome front one built into a proper hub, very light and has held up well for the last 6 months and the chrome has only just started to bubble ever so slightly, my rear one with a proper hub should be here on tues :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

oldschool rider

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:59 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll go for the primos as my riding is not street mostly park and I aint going to be doing crazy stuff not at my age (39) and as i live in Mallorca and usually ride in the sun I think they will do me fine  :daumenhoch:

S.

wirewheel

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 08:14 PM »
i got one of the local street rippers on a twenty jingle (discontinued) hub with a chrome sun black box rim(single wall) that i built and its holding well. i told him to destroy it to test my building. still straight after three weeks.

just goes to show the strength of a wheel belongs to the lacing not so much the rim, double wall does help but only if the wheel is built right and tight.

KEEP YOUR SPOKES TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep plenty of pressure in your tyres too.

sun big city lite are a great rim for the price yes double wall.

proper don't do chrome.  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Primo Balance 7005 Rims

gfxgfx
gfx gfx