gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 02:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  picking a race number...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: picking a race number...  (Read 964 times)

karlos100

picking a race number...
« on: December 17, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Ive read a thread on here that you can pick any number to race except number 1(unless you are the don!!!! :angel:). Is it a max of 3 digits or just whatever you can fit on ya plate??

dialledbikes

Re: picking a race number...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Last 3 digits of your licence number.

If you don't have a licence, just pick a number you like.

thecrooch

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:08 PM »
dont pick 1-8 as they are awarded from national or regional ratings....

never heard the licence no. thing Mike...

just pick whatever you like... if you know some of the people you are likely to be racing against ask them if the no. is taken....

karlos100

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Ive been reading about a licence too. People dont seem to know if a licence is needed for old school for '09 or not.... and what is all that silver and gold talk? If i need a licence where do i buy?

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:34 PM »
you will need to join the BCF - you need a minimum of a silver licence -  so you will also need a racing licence.

get all the info you need here.

you dont need a licence to race the winter series, only the summer series.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/bcf/20081007_membership_home.asp

nishiki14

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:57 AM »
dont pick 1-8 as they are awarded from national or regional ratings....

just pick whatever you like... if you know some of the people you are likely to be racing against ask them if the no. is taken....

No he's right Crooch the last 3 digits thats why mine is  079 :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:27 AM »

Thats always been the rule, Si, but BCF were never that strict at enforcing it until this year.  Now it seems they are enforcing it, but not that consistently.  I was told at registration for the first national I had to use 211 (last 3 digits) or previous year's national ranking (I didn't have one).  But others (Miles springs to mind) were allowed to use whatever number they wanted.  I only got to keep my 888 plate because Keith was also using 211, but next season I reckon I'll get told to use 15 (this year's national ranking) instead of 888.

My lad wanted to use no.3 on his plate at regionals this season (has regional ranking from last season) but he was told he had to use last 3 digits, so ended up with 642.

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Looks like ill be 578 this year then ....

Oh and Mike just to keep you informed - should have some money for you next week hopefully.... im getting mucked about at work big time...

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Thanks Si  :daumenhoch:

Regarding the number thing, it might depend on who registers you for the first race.  If you get someone who doesn't know the rule or doesn't care what number you race on, they might let it slide.

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Im not that bothered - its only for one season then ill hopefully have a regional ranking!

Broggie

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I've got No 98 on my plate, and if the BCF don't like it they can kiss my arse  :knuppel2:

Ray.

gossa

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 11:37 PM »
When I did my national this year I raced on my old UKBMX number 2471.  No-one said anything.......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  picking a race number...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx