gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 11:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old school kickturns.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old school kickturns.  (Read 690 times)

rumblebum01

Old school kickturns.
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:57 AM »
The kickturn was always a basic trick but I always thought they were pretty cool so I loved pulling a 540 whenever possible in the old days. I've recently started riding again and have built up a couple of old school bikes. I've just bought a new school bike to compensate for the extra weight and sketchy moves I do these days and have been practicing again with my 12 year old lad. I'm geting the hang of kickturns again. Just thought I'd post a video that my lad did for me. Take a look at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYkWhRwVEM and feel free to comment! :daumenhoch: JJ
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:59 AM by JJJ »

mr.magoo

Re: Old school kickturns.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:09 AM »
excellent, havent been to a park since i got back into it, too many youngesters that i catch nicking from my shop, might not be too good an idea to turn up there :LolLolLolLol:

like the dismount, similar to how my 360 hops end, just cant get the weight distribution in the right place.....

i'll stick to racing, but keep posting them vids always nice to see :daumenhoch:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 08:21 AM »
Cool Vid......... :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

magna13

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Wish i could do them! :daumenhoch:

rumblebum01

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Cheers for watching- makeS the LUMPS, cuts and bruises worthwhile!! The dismount wasn't great- should have just rolled out of it- just didn't get my brain into gear quick enough after realising i'd actually done the 720. Best thing for me though was that I could only manage a 540 in the 1980s. Obviously it's to do with maturity! JJ

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 05:50 PM »
naw....nu skool geometry and extra adult weight to carry the momentum round :LolLolLolLol:

rumblebum01

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 09:24 PM »
I did manage to do it on my GT Performer :) I bought the nu bike cos I dont mind killin it. Cheers for watchin. JJ

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old school kickturns.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx