gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 08:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Broadway house track, Cheddar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Broadway house track, Cheddar  (Read 1133 times)

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Broadway house track, Cheddar
« on: October 08, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Went to a VW show at Broadway house campsite in Cheddar, Somerset last weekend and they had a bmx track!!
It was my first time on a track and i loved it :) :) Heres some pics lol

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Broadway house track, Cheddar
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07 PM »
That's the location for the previous three British Championship events plus International rounds.  The South West Champs are being held there on 25th October so will be taking my sons down there for them to take part, James representing Cornwall BMX and Matt from Exeter BMX.  Should be good if it stays dry.  Have never ridden the track but walked it and found it just a bit too rad!!  Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:08 PM »
I'm still taking tablets for my shoulder from the crash at national there back in may  :(  :D

neckbrace

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Chedder track is very good. Just a shame it's left in such a bad state beetween races.
We went down in the summer for a weekend and there were foot wide 8" deep ruts crossing the track, which is quite mad enough as it is.  The first thing I saw when I went up to the track was a little kid go over the bars in one.
Looking forward to the SW champ's though, as I know the track will be sprussed up lovely and be properly rideable.

moomin

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 10:22 AM »
I was amazed at the flow of the track and the speed the kids get up to, watching Josh rail the first berm full speed was scarey :shocked:

Shame about the upkeep too, presents bmx in a bad light if kids are injuring themselves because basic maintenance isn't carried out :idiot2:

oldmankev

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Surprised you were even allowed to ride it.

moomin

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Surprised you were even allowed to ride it.

True, the owners are a funny bunch :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I believe the ownership has changed.  Will be down there in two weeks time for the SW Champs so will get a feel for what's happening with the place I hope.  Don't forget this track is privately owned and maintenance falls to the owners.  The South West hire the facility for the day of events and provide all the staff, etc.  Humps

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 07:49 PM »
We went down in the summer for a weekend and there were foot wide 8" deep ruts crossing the track,

Theres a couple of ruts still there i slowed down when i saw them! Didn't see it happen but a kid went over the handlebars and a ambulance was called  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Broadway house track, Cheddar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx