gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975640 Posts in 138928 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 06:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  80's dambusters bmx track in leeds refurbed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 80's dambusters bmx track in leeds refurbed  (Read 2966 times)

karlos100

80's dambusters bmx track in leeds refurbed
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:42 AM »
If any of you guys in leeds remembers the dambusters bmx race team,well the track which has been left since the 80's to ruin is currently being renovated by one of the olympic team. I went to look at it last week with my 3 yo son on his tiny mongoose pit crew and it looks well under way with proper drainage this time etc. Maybe there is a thread up here already about it but its located next to leeds/bradford airport at a place called yeadon tarn. When i was young i clearly remember the race days on sundays although my motomag was too heavy for me to keep up with them guys!!!!

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: 80's dambusters bmx track in leeds refurbed
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Bradfords track is also having a make over,so the leeds/bradford area will be well sorted.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Just so you know, Yeadon was far from derelict, it was still being ridden up till 8 weeks ago when work started on the revamp, I just hope they dont fook it up cos it was a great little spot to ride for all ages, my lad is 6 and it's his favourite track. It may not have been pretty or modern but that was the main charm of the place.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Just so you know, Yeadon was far from derelict, it was still being ridden up till 8 weeks ago when work started on the revamp, I just hope they dont fook it up cos it was a great little spot to ride for all ages, my lad is 6 and it's his favourite track. It may not have been pretty or modern but that was the main charm of the place.

that's the only time i've read something serious from you,keep it up!!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 07:23 PM »

keep it up!!!! :daumenhoch:

For you, ALWAYS  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I used to take my lad up there for a ride sometimes

Here are some pics of the old track from 84/85 ish

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Here's one of nosnod{No.4} and my mate reg{who looks like his little sister}

priv

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  80's dambusters bmx track in leeds refurbed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx