gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975642 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 11:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Corby foam pit... flips.......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Corby foam pit... flips.......  (Read 1249 times)

macky

Corby foam pit... flips.......
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Going back to Corby this Sat...

hoping to flip the resi box... ??  :-\

was trying to learn them into the foam last year...  ;D

SaMAlex

Re: Corby foam pit... flips.......
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:02 PM »
The last time I went there my mate Geoff was trying flips in the foam. He got close to half way round, landing on his back. On about his 10th go he got a tiny bit further round (still landing on his back) and smashed his face with his knee! No real damage, just a bleeding nose. But he was only wearing a protec.

You got them real nice. Seeing yours makes me wanna try them much more than Geoffs did  ;D

Its the getting back out that Im not keen on. Id rather just to a table top and roll out. I can get a few min more riding in, in the time it would take me to get out of the pit  :crazy2:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 02:07 PM by S&MAlex »

Trev

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Nice one Dave.

Have you seen the footage of Rarman, Jedi & Quadpaul trying them last week?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 04:45 PM »
They look a lot like my flip attempts from a little while ago, although you finally got round. My best was the same as your second to last one where you landed slightly endo.

I've been told by people who know that slightly nosediving in is better over boxes and stuff and you're never gonna over rotate and start beating up your coxycx  (sp)

Cool that you're doing them big too. I think that definately helps over 'real' jumps   ;)

macky

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 06:38 PM »

I've only ever done them 2 on the vid... never got any after that??

just don't think i've got the bottle to try em on a real jump!!  :-[

;D

macky

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Nice one Dave.

Have you seen the footage of Rarman, Jedi & Quadpaul trying them last week?

I did yeahh! Pretty Koool!!  :daumenhoch:

It always look's simpler when other ppl flip... it's like a big effort for me to even  attempt them!!  ;D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Well, my plan when I'm riding again is to go straight to the resi directly after climbing out of the foam pit after one comes round. Do not pass go, do not collect £200 - go straight to resi   ;D

Hopefully I'll still have my angry head on and I'll be able to rag one round.....

Perhaps you should do the same?  Balls over brains  ;)

jedi

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 07:49 PM »
roll in from the resi run up without breaking and dont rotate full to pedals like in the foam pit

welsh denny

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 10:02 PM »
a few re runs in the pit to get re acustomed to the flip and i reckon you'll pull it on a box or resi. just don't get half hearted. AND MAKE SURE YOU ALL EMPTY YOUR POCKETS BEFORE RIDING THESE FOAMPITS. newport has a piss poor foampit (1st in the uk many years ago) and the number of people who have lost car keys, wallets, money etc in em. you 'll never find em again.

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 10:11 PM »
AND MAKE SURE YOU ALL EMPTY YOUR POCKETS BEFORE RIDING THESE FOAMPITS. newport has a piss poor foampit (1st in the uk many years ago) and the number of people who have lost car keys, wallets, money etc in em. you 'll never find em again.

When i was at corby last they emptied the WHOLE foam pit out. I dont know if it was just a clear out, or if someone had just lost something but they had all the foam lumps out, and they just started putting them back when I got there. I think some of the kids helping put the foam back in had been lost in there for days!  ;D

bmxer4ever

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Respect man - that's pulled! You GOTTA go for it again!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Corby foam pit... flips.......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx