gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 04:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  what os bike should i be looking for??????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what os bike should i be looking for??????  (Read 1115 times)

creamy

what os bike should i be looking for??????
« on: May 06, 2008, 05:16 PM »
hi guys and girls just started os racing and am
in need of good steady reliable bike that doesnt crash !!!!!
any help or suggestions will be appreciated

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: what os bike should i be looking for??????
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 05:21 PM »
It depends on how tall you are, how skillfull you are on a bike etc?

A long top tube bike is a good starting point, later 80s models have reasonable geomatary compared to the real early models. Saying that Crooch did well on an early JMC and eloopnai has a great time on an early supergoose.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:22 PM »
us ebay, elf pro's go for peanuts, n ride awesome, not sure whether gossa still has one going, late 80's robbo's too quite a few to choose from that are os legal, long n strong :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 05:25 PM »
you could always start with my diamond back senior pro f/f

race proven by leary ,king ,loncarovich & me

dependable & holder of winter OS #1 for 06/07

yours for £190 :daumenhoch:

tt is 19 1/4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:53 PM by V. Noah »

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:03 AM »
It depends on how tall you are, how skillfull you are on a bike etc?

A long top tube bike is a good starting point, later 80s models have reasonable geomatary compared to the real early models. Saying that Crooch did well on an early JMC and eloopnai has a great time on an early supergoose.

Thats very kind of you Ratty - though to be honest i struggled with a 18" TT but then im 6ft 1 - its impossible to jump as your body position is all over the shop....

subject to SBD coming through this week with my forklifters (you will love these Ratty!) its 21" TT from now on.  Loved that JMC - still cant bring myself to get rid of it yet...

Broggie

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:48 AM »
TBH it doesnt seem to be so much of a case of recommended bikes, many of us on here have our favorites, but more a case of whats right for you. For example I bought a skyway TA (expensive) and yep, its lovely to ride for cruising...but for me it wouldnt be lovely to race which is what it was designed for, as it doesnt feel the right size for me for that use.  A few weeks ago I bought a Haro Group 1 ci (for £46) and as soon as I sat on it, it felt 'right', everything fitted me and it was a confident ride.

dont spend money until you've found the bike that is right for you...hope it finds you soon  :daumenhoch:

Ray.

moley

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:23 AM »
There seems to be a lot of different Haro Group 1's about!!!

What year is yours and what TT has it got?

Have you any pics?  :daumenhoch:

Broggie

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 10:39 AM »
Mine seems to be a 95...so mid school, but old school legal as far as I can tell...its not quite finished tho

As for the TT I havent measured it...guess I'd better do it, ok done, centre to centre its 21"

since this pic was taken I've fitted ukais with suzue seal hubs, maxxis holy rollers, and (dont laugh) a halfords saddle that I had hanging around...its nice looking, comfortable, and black and grey like the grips...

Just waiting on a maxstar Haro type 2 copy plate, more decals from Del, and a suntour chainwheel to finish...

Ray.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:42 AM by Broggie »

moley

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 10:43 AM »
I like it!!!!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Mine seems to be a 95...so mid school, but old school legal as far as I can tell...its not quite finished tho
Ray.
Ray, TeHarve won the OSS07 on the same bike mate, very good frame and complies with OS (ish :angel:)
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moley

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Whats the frame made out of?

I have seen a few on US Ebay and they just say steel frame!!!!!!

Broggie

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Ray.
Ray, TeHarve won the OSS07 on the same bike mate, very good frame and complies with OS (ish :angel:)

He can probably pedal a bit faster than me tho  ;D

Seriously tho I was surprised at exactly how good this bike is to ride (for me) and so damn cheap  :daumenhoch:

As for what the frame is made of I would suspect that it is 4130 rather than plain steel as it is pretty light (for its size) and as far as I can tell almost rust free (odd small pit is all)

Ray.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  what os bike should i be looking for??????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx