gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Zeronine Question for gossa
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Zeronine Question for gossa  (Read 2742 times)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Zeronine Question for gossa
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Hi Clive:  I've a question for you:

What's the length of the top tube on your Zeronine pro XL please?

Cheers
Dan

gossa

Re: Zeronine Question for gossa
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:46 PM »
21" mate, it's a first gen taiwanese one, no head gussett, 1987 model.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:50 PM »
21" in 1987 :shocked:  must have been one of the longest frames about at that time...

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

gossa

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:54 PM »
21" in 1987 :shocked:  must have been one of the longest frames about at that time...

You just made me chec k it again, 20 1/4ish, must have measured incorrectly before.  long though, especially with a xxl dk stem

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Phew you had me sweating there for a second

20.25 is good for me!

Cheers
Dan

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:10 AM »
^Lovin the fishnet race top Clive  ;D

I have a question as well. When did Zeronine introduce the Playstation type coloured shapes graphics?
I have a few stadium plates with just the plain Zeronine lettering at bottom and i have a nice bagged white stadium plate with same the logos as on your race kit...

Didnt want to go putting that on an early mid eighties build if it didnt suit right era...  ???

gossa

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Brandy, digging the fetish race top eh? Perv!

The geometric shapes came out late 85 early 86 and then for 87 the hollowed them out.  I think the moto control plate (the ones you can see in multiple colours) also came out late 85, the stadium plates were more like maybe 82/83-85 era (don't quote me on that!) The plate you can see above my moto controls are called landing panels with an integrated bar pad, they came out on 88.  There were a few other plates like the very light and flimsy war panel plus others too.

All this zeronine talk and no-one mentions Ronnie Anderson? One of the most controversial pros of the 80's!

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:55 PM »
I've got a white Zeronine race shirt signed by crazy Ronnie  :daumenhoch: , its a nice size so fits me although i cant wash it as the marker pen writing might go!

you got any stories clive?, i heard he used to ride over cars and do mad stuff  8)

gossa

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 08:20 AM »
I've got a white Zeronine race shirt signed by crazy Ronnie  :daumenhoch: , its a nice size so fits me although i cant wash it as the marker pen writing might go!

you got any stories clive?, i heard he used to ride over cars and do mad stuff  8)

Anyone that remembers the jive guys from Ireland (including Will Smyth, now DIG editor) might know that they made a Ronnie Anderson fan Club, stickers and everthing! When we all went to california in the late eighties, we arranged to hook up with him in Hollywood and go street ridng.  He was literally bunnyhopping over car bonnets, he was so powerful, total nutter!  He also won the ABA National Number One pro and refused the prize of a new car as it wasn't as nice as the car that Pistol Pete won the year before!

Rich, I can smelll that shirt from here mate....

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Clive, are you building that Zeronine up into an exact replica of the one you won your National No.1 on?

baldbmxer

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:52 PM »
National No.1 while on Zeronine?

gossa

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 07:27 PM »

Mike, I rode for zeronine late 85 through late 87.  I was #1 in 17X in 88 on Revcore, I can't remember if I was #1 on zeronine, Johnny, can you remember my ranking from 87 when I raced in the blue zeronine stuff? If I didn't get #1 in 87, who did?

As for building the bike, it will be VERY similar to my first zeronine in 85/86 (pictured here). It will have identical looking frameset, same cranks/spider/chainring/ very similar wheels (but chrome ukais instead of 7L's), GHP bars, not CW's, THE ACTUAL BRAKE from this bike plus as close as i can without being anal, i.e. i aint forking out for Hutch pedals and i always broke the axles on them!

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 08:43 AM »

Mike, I rode for zeronine late 85 through late 87.  I was #1 in 17X in 88 on Revcore, I can't remember if I was #1 on zeronine, Johnny, can you remember my ranking from 87 when I raced in the blue zeronine stuff? If I didn't get #1 in 87, who did?

My mistake, getting your Zeronine confused with your Revcore.

I reckon building a replica of the bike you won your title on would be very cool/special.

brettnai

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 05:28 PM »

I'm gonna build a Zeronine next me thinks.
Gossa did you see the zeronine race gear on US bay? it was the same a yours but in white with matching helmet.

seen a few more frames crop up recently too just hope one day i can afford one.

yours is looking rad btw, cant wait to see it finished.
where did u get the pads?

gossa

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 08:34 PM »

I'm gonna build a Zeronine next me thinks.
Gossa did you see the zeronine race gear on US bay? it was the same a yours but in white with matching helmet.

seen a few more frames crop up recently too just hope one day i can afford one.

yours is looking rad btw, cant wait to see it finished.
where did u get the pads?

Saw all that gear on ebay, fetched good money, i wouldn't sell my ever! I got the pads off ebay from some tool in Canada, paid good money for them, described as 'like new' and when they arrive the frame pad has two big grooves in iy like it's been strapped up.  Anyway, the other night i'm digging through all the stuff i just stuck on ebay and what do i find....a frame pad!

So zeronines are the new looptail rippers then? :LolLolLolLol:

brettnai

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 09:30 PM »

I hope they ain't the next loopy rippers  :LolLolLolLol:
I just like something a little different

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 11:50 PM »
When i raced the top imported race frames were JMC's and Zeronines - proper race bred, Hutches were common and no-one really raced Rippers, although i always wanted a ripper to ride ramps on and it was one of the first bikes i got that got me back into bmx :)

Its good to see some different frames get some recognition, dont forget Bandito's, Cyclecraft, other cool imports

The Uk Built frames should be the next rippers, curtis, mrd, whitehawk - less of them made, handbuilt quality :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 11:31 PM »

with that seat, chainring and those rims, i'm thinking harry leary turbo....

**edit, check how the cranks are on the wrong splines!**
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:33 PM by teamsano »

gossa

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 12:00 AM »
yeah, the brake, chainring and saddle came off of a HLT, not the rims though, they're 7L's.  I've looked at that picture a million times now and it does look like the arms are a spline off where they should be, although i'm sure i would have noticed!!!! weird as sh1t!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Zeronine Question for gossa

gfxgfx
gfx gfx