gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 02:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A jersey weekend
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A jersey weekend  (Read 699 times)

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
A jersey weekend
« on: December 18, 2005, 09:01 PM »
I went to see my old pilot and friend Mike Hardaway this weekend.  We talked about the old days again, the "coolness factor" of BMX, the downturn of BMX and many related items.  My brother Pete (Sidehackguy) was also there and we had a great time.

Mike decides to show me some "old jerseys" he found in a box from the old days.  I look at them and flip!!
He can see me salivating at the jerseys, laughs and tosses them at me. 

They are now on permanent loan at the Reilley1 museum of dinosaur radness.  They include his old Torker Jersey from the late 70s, the pedalpower one and a Bullseye scale (A team that terrorized old San Diego, Yuma and Imperial Valley tracks back in the day)

I got home happier than hell (My brother Pete had also given me two NOS red alloy MX-5 headsets he had bought at retai ($8.85)
Once home, I had an e-mail from Mike Rush saying he had a couple of NOS Wes' BMX jersies for me. WOW! I can't wait!!

Definitely a good weekend, I must add that the items are great, but the conversations with Mike Hardaway and Pete were by far the best time I have had in weeks and I thank them for that.

As a side note, Mike went on to a succesful motorcycle, off-road truck and later AC business.  way to go Hardy! Proud of you!

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: A jersey weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 09:18 PM »
FANTASTIC MATE

WELL DONE

DANNY

frdavid

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:24 PM »
excellent, very nice shirts and cool story

theRuler

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 11:16 AM »
cool!

i'd love to visit the reilley1 museum  :coolsmiley:

Flake

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Awesome Dude Great shirts :santa_afro:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A jersey weekend

gfxgfx
gfx gfx