gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 07:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  So what's your plans for this year?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: So what's your plans for this year?  (Read 520 times)

Rooonga

So what's your plans for this year?
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:26 PM »
I've been sitting down going through my diary seeing how many races I can get to this year, and wondered what everyone else will be doing.

I intend to race all of the BMX South regionals in 40+ cruiser, and also Oldschool on my Free Agent.

Also gonna get to as many Hersden old school races as possible.

And finally also gonna try to get to a few East Anglia regionals too.

Got a bloomin stack of races to get to this year, assuming I've enough money to get to them. (And I don't get hurt this year!)

Lost  4 stone in weight now, getting to the gym to tone it all up a few days a week too so hope to be in pretty good shape soon. (Prob won't be 100% until a third of the way into the season though.)

Just gotta get out on my bike as much as I can to get some stamina.

So.... Where are you going to race this year?

And have you done any training?? (and also didn't I say also a lot?  LOL!)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: So what's your plans for this year?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:28 PM »
move house
and find funds to buy ure 24"torker lol

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Regionals, Hersden Series, Nationals and Brits for our merry band, gonna be a bloody busy year :daumenhoch:

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Regionals, Hersden Series, Nationals and Brits for our merry band, gonna be a bloody busy year :daumenhoch:

Oh yeh - forgot about the Brits!!!

BTW the Torker is up for sale again, gotta take some good photo's to do it justice. Prob have it in the for sale section in a couple of days.

Gotta raise the money for the season of racing somehow.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:38 PM »
let me know how much ya wanting for it paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:21 PM »
My plans are nice and simple.  Get fit and ride a lot   :)

Sean 2000

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:47 AM »
I'm with the big fella above, get fit to ride.  :daumenhoch:

Sean.

JT71

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 08:08 AM »
lose weight and ride, my fitness isn't all that bad really, going to try to get 5000 metres rowing down to 19 mins.

in a hope that making it public will spur me on I tipped the scales 102.5kg yesterday...that's about 16st 2lb.

so just for a start, I need to blast 12.5kg of gut and love handles from body.

as for riding, my house seems to be falling apart, I'm determined to get to creation most sundays from now on, but yesterday the ensuite shower stopped working and this morning the other shower when used leaked water into the kitchen below.

as the weather improves and evenings get lighter I might try and get out and ride.

perry

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 08:22 AM »
hmm

get a job

mot the cortina

i really want to move , this house is drving me  :uglystupid2:

reallllly considering doing a btec in engneering in september so need all the money for that  :) :-\

bmx is far from a concern as studing will take all my time but it would be nice if i finished the asusa or set up the terrilbe one for trails/racing , not that the time/money will be there to use them

if i can get rid of this shooting pain in my shoulder that will be a start

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 08:23 AM »
hopefully i will be doing the bulwell summer series and the midlands regionals, have all ready cut down on the beer and been going out riding more  :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 09:53 AM »
We're taking Chloe and Nicholas to as many Regionals and Nationals as we can this year also the Brits, Dagenham and Hersden ................  will I get one weekend off this year?  :-\  Our house is never going to be finished  :'( .  Matthew isn't intending doing much OSS this year, concentrating more on our littleuns.

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 11:48 AM »
My main plans are:

1. Do at least 8 nationals to get a national ranking in 40+.  Can't see myself making any A-finals but would be happy with regular B-finals.

2. Do enough regionals to qualify for the Brits.  Might scrape into a few regional A-finals if I'm lucky, otherwise I'll settle for a decent place in B-finals.

3. Above all, have fun and steer clear of injuries.

Flying_fox

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 08:06 PM »
My plans are not to put myself in hospital this year, last season was a joke.

Do as many nationals as I can, all of them if time/money/the missus allows. Most, if not all of the South regionals, a few ea ones (just to remind me why I had the webs removed from inbetween my toes ;)), and one or two midland ones too.

I need to help get a track sorted in Aylesbury, thats going to take a fair bit of my time I think......

Ride skateparks, trails and play on my bike as much as I can.

Proper training sucks, the gym bores me to tears, so it's BMX all the way for fitness.

After all of that I might get to see my son and missus once or twice. :angel:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  So what's your plans for this year?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx