gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 03:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  TRM frame...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TRM frame...  (Read 1737 times)

subversion

TRM frame...
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:36 PM »
So I managed to reacquire my old TRM freestyler, it was in a pretty sad state, having laid in the back of a friends garage for god knows how long!
The F&F set was bought new by myself back in 84-85 & it was passed on to many different local riders. It was ridden regularly up to, probably the mid-late 90’s, before being ‘put into storage’ (left to rot) & so I decided to stake my claim to it & bring it back home…

I’ve stripped the paint off to satisfy myself there are no cracks/splits under all those layers of paint & it’s all good :daumenhoch: Shame the forks are no longer with it  :(

So what's next? I can’t afford, nor really have the desire, to rebuild it as a show piece so will probably be looking for it to go to a good home?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:00 PM by subversion »

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
Re: TRM frame...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Now that takes me back :smitten: Your not from hampshire are you? I was the first owner of a TRM that did the rounds back in 83.

Check this old school pic.

subversion

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:12 PM »
I'm from Oxfordshire mate, nice picture dude :daumenhoch: what year did TRM's come out? I'm sure it was 84ish I got mine?? It was originally white, Haro Vector bars, Aero Zytecs, MX1000's etc etc etc...

munners

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:18 PM »
You got a buyer here if you want rid!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33 PM »
The mind does play tricks :idiot2: But I'm sure I got mine early in 83. Cos I got a Master for Xmas 84 >:D

My TRM was white and I rode with vectors for a bit, I had the early ones though and they snapped!

I do remember me ma paying £115 for the TRM, very light strong frame, cool cos its odd :coolsmiley:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 08:23 AM »

chuck it in the loft and forget about it, you wont get it back if you sell it

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 08:30 AM »
yeah i'd keep it and wait till i had a spare £60 or so and ship it off to SuperDan for a lovely white powdercoat!  then stick it away and just bring it out every now and then to drool over  :daumenhoch:

Who knows....in time you may want to build it up again and cruise around on it.....would be well cool!!  :daumenhoch:

dj_benice

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 11:40 AM »
sell the forks should pay for a re-finish n a fair whack of the parts  :angel:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 11:45 AM »
what he said.^^^^
I want to touch ORB

keep it lit!

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 12:02 PM »
pm'd mate :daumenhoch:

RADHAB

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Loved mine BITD, be nice to see that painted up.

subversion

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Thanks for the comments dudes & the PM's  ;)

I'd love to see it all painted up with some nice bits bolted on but I don't really want to build this frame back up myself, too much other bike stuff I want to get done! & kind of a 'been there, done that' deal. I think sticking it in the loft isn't really doing it justice either, imho :daumenhoch:

I wonder how many of these are still around? I read somewhere (here?) that only 1000 were made? does anyone have any interesting links or nfo about the company that made them please?

cheers

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 11:29 PM »
they were built in Birmingham by a company called TRM Techniques, Jazzchimp always wanted one but bought an 84 performer instead  :D
http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php't=3092&highlight=trm&mforum=firebird damn, i like dem trms, but ...fireybird first

subversion

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 09:29 PM »
cheers for the heads up fischflo :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  TRM frame...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx