gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 06, 2024, 02:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  rom pics today is back and with ex british no1 john stockwell
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rom pics today is back and with ex british no1 john stockwell  (Read 3733 times)

steve1275

Re: rom pics today is back and with ex british no1 john stockwell
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 06:19 PM »
HOW AMAZING ARE JOE AND BILLY :shocked:

SUPER CLICKED LOOKBACKS, TURNDOWNS AND BILLYS ONE FOOTED INVERTS, AWSOME

YOU GUYS MAKE ME WANNA RIDE EVERY TIME :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

NICE ONE DAN

STEVE :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 11:16 PM »
The guy in the backround of John Dye air shot is "Cong"! There is a picture of cong riding on the Bicycle union web page ...... and there is also the picture of Billy!!

Nice one  :daumenhoch:

http://www.bicycleunion.com/

(I love this web page, so funny. Scroll down and read the other entries. The photo captions are the best.)

alex,  just been scrolling through my pics from last week, i took nearly 200 and here's a pic of  cong,

do you know him as he was quite a good rider ;)

For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 12:39 AM »
Cong is what I'd call a proper midschool hero.  He seemed to be everywhere back then and a magazine regular. Real nice bloke, funny as you like  :)

I recall him breaking a Standard at a Radlands jam, and having a long conversation with me about the state of KOC ramps one year.

SaMAlex

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 08:42 AM »

Thanks for that Dan  :daumenhoch:

Cong (John Barnett) is a great bloke and was everywhere in the early 90s. He got a photo here donig a rad X-up cancan.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=36739.0

Its a magazine report of a contest at Oxford (my old local ramp) in 93. I havent seen him for ages, its great to see he is still ridin.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 11:11 PM »
alex see that thread today and those pics wouldn't look out of place today :coolsmiley:

that pic of cong is kool as and is that gerry in the first pic :4_17_5:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:15 PM by SuperBikeDan »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 11:20 PM »
Yip.  Thats Jerry alright   :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 11:25 PM »
rob  no helmet, one piece crank and styled,   what a period in bmx that i missed,

most of the 90s vids and pics would not seem out of place today,  apart from everything was

chrome ;D ;D  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 11:55 PM »
Well, Jerry would sometimes wear a lid, sometimes he wouldn't.... as for the one piece, he just rode whatever was available to him. That was one of the things that he was so highly admired for - he could (and still can of course) ride any bike on any ramp and rip it to bits  :4_17_5:

You would have loved that era mate. The atmosphere was something else, people were in it for all the right reasons and the riding was out of this world. No foampits, no resi ramps and in this country for sure, virtually nowhere to ride!  Travelling every weekend was normal and there was never any attitude from the locals when you went somewhere new.   I used to ride a big vert ramp in New Malden most weekends. That was a 150 mile roundtrip in a buggered old mini estate. I didn't give it a second thought, just got in the car, picked up Howard Radcliffe and off we went.  Good times   :)

The old outdoor Backyard Jams would have been right up your street. A weekend camping, lots of mischief and everyone there together, pro, novice it didn't matter. For me, they lost something when they went indoors...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  rom pics today is back and with ex british no1 john stockwell

gfxgfx
gfx gfx