gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975747 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 10, 2024, 09:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Recently discovered old pics Belle Vue 1981
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recently discovered old pics Belle Vue 1981  (Read 2254 times)

mike pardon

Recently discovered old pics Belle Vue 1981
« on: November 25, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Heres some classic old skool  shots of Belle Vue Manchester 1981 very early most of us in Hindley and District bmx club had only got our bikes that xmas. It may even be 1980!! (memory failing)
Okay the first shot is a race start, note the flag starts.. Alan Wood's Dad, Arthur is in the background making sure things run smooth, he is the one with the walking stick. On account that he paid his dues big time on a speedway bike...
Check out the old mongoose bike original or what?

Okay 2nd shot is Mike Chilvers bunny hopping the chain fence on a tricked out redline.

Then the famous Craig Burrows hitting the same jump that Cav Strutt did his famous 360s on that blew minds.

Mr Dave Arnold pulling his "party trick" the one handed wheelie...

A great shot of Alan Woods and Dave Arnold on a couple of tricked out machines looking the dogs...

My old GT race Bike(courtesy of Lav and his light fingers) Profile cranks, araya aero rims, dx pedals, Suntour stem, Team Gullet levers.

All the old Hindley and District club members circa 81

Enjoy,                    this is seminal bmx in the uk 

Check out JOHN LEES quarter pipe in the background of the GT pic. I have super 8mm old footage of us learning to air on that and John getting out of the top. How rickety do you want it???

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:25 AM by Pike Mardon »

retrogeezer

Re: Recently discovered old pics Belle Vue 1981
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 12:13 AM »
cool pics pike....that GT looks lurvly! someone must have pissed at losing that!

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 06:50 AM »
Those pictures are the bollox.

And I agree, that GT is ACE :D

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 08:25 AM »

check the geezer in the first picture in a dicky bow and jacket, does anybody remember the race shirt like that from about 87 by gt i need photos of it as stodgy is gonna try and re do me one

mike pardon

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Yep that GT was mine lads... Ive had loads of cracking bikes and let them all slip through my fingers.. Hindsight is a wonderful thing..I miss my old raleigh aero burner the most though  :'(
as long as youve got your health.. :knuppel2:

Check out JOHN LEES quarter pipe in the background of the GT pic. I have super 8mm old footage of us learning to air on that and John getting out of the top. How rickety do you want it???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:24 AM by Pike Mardon »

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 09:25 AM »

check the geezer in the first picture in a dicky bow and jacket, does anybody remember the race shirt like that from about 87 by gt i need photos of it as stodgy is gonna try and re do me one

brian scura used to wear one like that!

Geth

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Great pics Mike.
Proper UK BMX history! There should be a museum set up somewhere with all of this stuff in. I don't mean an Internet one either.

Jazzchimp

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 09:57 AM »
That pipe looks like the Jurassic or even Mesozoic period to me.. and I know my geology!

mike pardon

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I agree we should have a museum, i think the black and white pics makes em look older. 

Enjoy the cold lads iam off to sunny climes....asta la vista UK

dan-dare

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Was this anywhere near the speedway/stock car track at Belle Vue???

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Thats spooky. I built this bike with all the bits I wanted to keep, when I had my most recent clearout. I built it my preference with no influence from any other pics. HOW SPOOKY IS THAT;

Its almost colour perfect.
Ad

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 07:53 PM »

Got this pic - Not great, might find a better one (this is from a mag in 85 btw) -

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Is that Dave Vanderspek?   R.I.P.......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Recently discovered old pics Belle Vue 1981

gfxgfx
gfx gfx