gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 12:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  What did you invent.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What did you invent.....  (Read 3213 times)

Trev

Re: What did you invent.....
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I was pretty sure I had invented  disasters like in 92. i was livin in newie OZ ridin skatepark quarter, I'd been doin' 'em for like a week getting em down, and i was thinking the whole time that i was gonna call em "frame stretchers", cause i was pretty sure i was stretchin' my frame every time i came down heavy. Just then some numpty rolls over and suggests i  throw a barspin in the air before i land that "Disaster" and i would have a well sweet move, i was shattered not only did it already have a name that was obviously in common circulation(i mean c'mon aussie doesn't get much first) but people had moved on to combo's on my move already??? Bugger

gutted!  :LolLolLolLol:   i remember doing them in 89 and i think they were old then.  :daumenhoch:

Lazarou

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 05:34 PM »
My friends still go on about my 'invention'. My buddy had a backyard mini set up in 91 and we rode it every day and rode it drunk every night! While pumping the ramp one night (while pretty drunk) i inadvertently let my wheels pop over the coping causing my pegs to grind the underside of the coping i remember grinding along and then pulling back in and i managed to ride it out although my attempts to pass it off as deliberate were met with laughter and hurled cans. So i 'invented' the 'Downside Grind' or the Lazarou as it should be known! Never had the guts to transfer it to vert though!

Jamie C

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Back in 1981 I did a really fast 180 and accidentally landed on a handrail (pegless no less).  Imagine my surpise when I accidentally ground up the rail backwards to downside half cab whip off the top.  Needless to say I never mentioned it to anyone at the time and everyone that witnessed this feat gave up riding and emigrated to Madagasca shortly afterwards.

Lazarou

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 05:52 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 05:56 PM »
Back in 1981 I did a really fast 180 and accidentally landed on a handrail (pegless no less).  Imagine my surpise when I accidentally ground up the rail backwards to downside half cab whip off the top.  Needless to say I never mentioned it to anyone at the time and everyone that witnessed this feat gave up riding and emigrated to Madagasca shortly afterwards.

which was nice
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 06:29 PM »

which was nice

PMSL!

:daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 09:20 AM »

which was nice

PMSL!

:daumenhoch:

and last Tuesday we flew to an airport in the South of France...

which was Nice.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 08:32 PM »
I remember riding with tim ruck, mad alan, andy keast, and a few others in about 92 when bmx was 'dead'.... i couldnt for the life of me do 'normal' no handers, and ended up doing suicide type ones on a flyout at mortonhampstead bmx track - im not claiming to have ever been the first, I just remember being annoyed that I couldnt get the bars tucked onto my lap and instead had to make do with just airing, gripping the seat with my knees then throwing my arms out to either side! Never got them behind my back though in true suicide fashion!
happy days. My backs so knackered now I cant jump to save me life.....

Jamie C

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 02:28 PM »
I remember riding with tim ruck, mad alan, andy keast, and a few others in about 92 when bmx was 'dead'.... i couldnt for the life of me do 'normal' no handers, and ended up doing suicide type ones on a flyout at mortonhampstead bmx track - im not claiming to have ever been the first, I just remember being annoyed that I couldnt get the bars tucked onto my lap and instead had to make do with just airing, gripping the seat with my knees then throwing my arms out to either side! Never got them behind my back though in true suicide fashion!
happy days. My backs so knackered now I cant jump to save me life.....

Some bloke from Brighton was doing them in about 87....brakeless as well.  Anyone remember his name?

Trev

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 02:29 PM »
was david beveridge from down that way?

Jamie C

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Yeah (Burgess Hill) but it wasn't him. 

It was some loose guy with long hair.  Someone told me his name only a few years back but I cant remember.

seanrx

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 11:35 AM »
hey. thought i'd throw in this flat variation.

a x up miami hopper or 'miami cross'. was doing this in '87,88.

hold the grip and brake from underneath and turn the bars anti clockwise. if your right handed. then reverse to get back out.
you need a short grip and big hands.

and instead of puting the bar on the deck, i worked out  to spin 720 and 1080. and if you still have blood in your fingers, go to tailwhip then out.(then push your tyre back on the rim).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  What did you invent.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx