gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975700 Posts in 138931 Topics by 6357 Members - Latest Member: Srjmarshall August 10, 2024, 09:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Missed score
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Missed score  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Missed score
« on: June 09, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Just after leaving Nottinghams track this afternoon I passed a kid going the other way on a GT Performer, single bend in the downtube yellow Tuff with a whitewall tyre on it and spoke rear, one piece cranks and GT bars WAAAY forward BUT by the time I had spun the van around he had dissapeared  >:(

Absolutely gutted I can tell ya, would have loved an OS project too
 :) DINGO :)

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: Missed score
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 06:50 PM »
lol...shit happens....i had the same thing about 6 months back, haro race bike, old guy on it pulling coaster wheelies with his kids in tow, and same as you mark by the time i had spun around at a roundabout about 100 yards up the road and come back they had vanished....it had haro group one cranks which is the reason i went back....cest la vie

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 06:55 PM »
i now carry a taser ,anyone gets spotted they get a zap   :angel:

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 07:28 PM »
seen quite a few old rides in nottingham but never any of the 80's team burners that were sold off by the raleigh shop in netherfield  :(

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Iv saw a Trickstar with Landing Gear on it down my road about a year ago, still have not seen it again  :(

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 08:57 PM »
i now carry a taser ,anyone gets spotted they get a zap   :angel:

me too

if i am walking through town, and some codger is dordling
she gets it.

for times like these you need a nice new minty modern bmx in the garage for a trade!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 09:09 PM »
seen quite a few old rides in nottingham but never any of the 80's team burners that were sold off by the raleigh shop in netherfield  :(

the girl who used to deliver papers round here has/had a Team Burner, painted matt black but can you imagine what would have happened if I approached her????

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 11:22 AM »
There's a kid up the road from me that I've seen now and then riding an early 80's GT race bike, flights and all - think it must have been his dads  :-\.  Never managed to stop and ask him though as I've always been in the car and not on a bike, one day though I might  :LolLolLolLol:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I've seen a DB Silver Streak several times riding past my drive gates ... it looks pretty clean with nice chrome too  :coolsmiley:

Steve

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 08:19 PM »
I've seen some fat cnut riding a Kuwi Laserlite round near where I live...

Oh shite that's Flaz

;D ;D ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 08:22 PM »

Oh shite that's Flaz

;D ;D ;)

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

highrisedrifter

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I've seen a green Streetbeat in Southwick and two GT's on Brighton Seafront in the last few months.

I saw a Skyway T/A in a shop window in the North Laine some time back. Some guy with his kid in a pushchair stopped me as I was putting my Master f&f in the boot of my car in Hove a few weeks back too.

HRD

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 09:38 PM »

Oh shite that's Flaz

;D ;D ;)

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 08:52 AM »
I was sat in a pub about a year ago, minding me own. When I watched with total amazement a guy push a minty mint Haro master into the bike shop opposite. (finished me pint) then went over for a look.

If I'd just not bothered I'd of saved me self well over a grand and a lot of heart ache missing stuff on the bay ;D

brettnai

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 03:45 PM »

On my way to work there's a bike I see chained to a fence outside a block of flats, its there everyday and I dont think its ever moved. its hard to tell what it is as I go past it on the bus and you only catch a glimpse of it but it looks like a redline pl 20 I think!
It looks pretty rusty but I might go and stick a note on it to see if anyone owns it and wants rid

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 07:55 PM »
It must have been a weekend for it. On sat I was driving through the student part of Oxford and a kid, early 20s with a lip ring, cycled past me on a full on gusseted Mongoose with mongoose straight forks, black tuffs and CW bars. The bike was way shinny and looked in great nic but the seat was flag pole high and had a big sprung seat on it. I caught him up and stopped in the middle of the road (in the car) and shouted over to him "Mate, you wanna sell your bike?". He smiled and said No, and I had to drive on cos of the hold up I was causing. As we drove on my wife urged me to turn round and at least talk to him more and maybe give him my number. I turned round but he was nowhere to be seen.

Do you think its just people of radbmx, finding out were other members live and messing with them? If not, it sounds like something we should start doing!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 11:39 PM »

On my way to work there's a bike I see chained to a fence outside a block of flats, its there everyday and I dont think its ever moved. its hard to tell what it is as I go past it on the bus and you only catch a glimpse of it but it looks like a redline pl 20 I think!
It looks pretty rusty but I might go and stick a note on it to see if anyone owns it and wants rid

I think your well within your rights to get a pair of bulk-croppers & take the Redline, to leave something like that outside in the elements is a crime  :(

haro__master1985

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Just after leaving Nottinghams track this afternoon I passed a kid going the other way on a GT Performer, single bend in the downtube yellow Tuff with a whitewall tyre on it and spoke rear, one piece cranks and GT bars WAAAY forward BUT by the time I had spun the van around he had dissapeared  >:(

Absolutely gutted I can tell ya, would have loved an OS project too

thanks for the tip ,will keep my eyes out for that while im on roadtest !  >:D

Seen a mint oval comp super burner in beeston ,and i think ive missed out on a super tuff burner that a local smack head used to ride round on  :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Missed score

gfxgfx
gfx gfx