gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 10:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Best tape/CD to ride to
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best tape/CD to ride to  (Read 1223 times)

Steve_W

Best tape/CD to ride to
« on: April 13, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Does anyone have specific music they listen to?  I can't concentrate with an iPod on, but I'm a lover of a boombox with Electro on it, or some other shit that was out when I was riding a lot, such as EPMD, PEs first LP, maybe Big Daddy Kane, UTFO etc.

I know a lot of people in BMX listen to thrash metal etc, (and loads of other genres I have no clue about) but to me Hip Hop & BMX will always go hand in hand, and to anyone that knows me from deejaying at KOC, you'll know I'm all over that Old School ish like batter on a fat birds fanny!

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Best tape/CD to ride to
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Does anyone have specific music they listen to?  I can't concentrate with an iPod on, but I'm a lover of a boombox with Electro on it, or some other shit that was out when I was riding a lot, such as EPMD, PEs first LP, maybe Big Daddy Kane, UTFO etc.

I know a lot of people in BMX listen to thrash metal etc, (and loads of other genres I have no clue about) but to me Hip Hop & BMX will always go hand in hand, and to anyone that knows me from deejaying at KOC, you'll know I'm all over that Old School ish like batter on a fat birds fanny!

Old Skool Pop maybe.......Sunday, you was riding whilst playing london boyz in a bolero jacket ?  :idiot2:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 08:57 PM »
I'll see your London Boys and I'll raise you a Sinita-so macho  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

selfpreservation

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:23 PM »
lets go crazy by prince ..."dont let the elavtor bring you down oh no lets go "

DR VINOAH

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 11:31 AM »
yeah i agree steve

old electro is ace to ride to

spesh if the beats are chopped up

a few of me favs are davy dmx "1 for the treble"....jonzun crew "space is the place"......cybotron "clear"

as for other stuff

gotta be dead kennedy,s "moral majority".....minor threat  "screaming at the wall"........sonic youth "white kross"

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 12:36 PM »
Vinoah's music taste is spot on as usual. :daumenhoch:

I like a bit of Black Flag - wasted, Dead Kennedys - Buzz bomb, Misfits - New York Rangers, Sonic Youth - Catholic Block, Ministry - Jesus built my hotrod.

Most old Mute or sst stuff is good to ride to, anyone who's seen the old Santa Cruz videos will know what I'm talking about.

If I'm in a more chilled out mood I ride to Big Youth, U roy, Dillinger and loads of 70's regge.

On the hip hop tip it's got to be early PE, NWA, any Bestie Boys, Eric B and Rakim.

Steve_W

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Yo Fox, I see you mention dillinger, you mean D & B?  It proper gets me at it and I feel like I can double backflip flare 540 downturn kiss my ass jump over 10 busses.  In reality I can just about bunnyhop over that fat kid that lives at number 27!

Think I might just upload some of my old mixes and see how they go!

Flying_fox

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Yo Steve,This Dillinger:

I was thinking about hip hop, there was a band called New kingdom in the 90's, I've got to get some of their stuff on MP3 for riding, thats some heavy shit. :daumenhoch:

highrisedrifter

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 12:54 PM »
For me, it has to be Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Fear Factory, Faith No More, Die Krupps or music like that, basically.

I don't have one set album that I listen to, but I do like my Industrial music.

I'd love to ride to the old Electro beats but I only have the albums on tape and I don't have a tape player anymore.

HRD

Steve_W

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Highrise, I can hook you up with the entire electro series on mp3 no problem, just gimme your postal address I'll post you a DVD with the whole lot, and some extras, and all the covers!

Lemme know!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Mantovani, Best of.................................

Lavelle and file remixes , OBVIOUSLY

Though I am partial to Jay z/Linkin Park and Marilyn Manson-best of ( GREAT cd ) also Lost prophets (goin to MEN on thurs :daumenhoch:)

Broader than my accent my music taste is.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

highrisedrifter

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Highrise, I can hook you up with the entire electro series on mp3 no problem, just gimme your postal address I'll post you a DVD with the whole lot, and some extras, and all the covers!

Lemme know!

Oh mate, that would be excellent. I've been out all day so I missed your thread. I got your PM though and have replied to that.  :daumenhoch:

Cheers muchly.

HRD

shivadread

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 10:30 AM »
I listen to Dillinger and various other old skool reggae dj's like Big Youth, U Roy & I Roy when I ride,  but for really get me going tunes it would have to be Chemical Brothers 'Dig your Own Hole' and very early Prodigy or Altern8

Steve_W

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 11:25 AM »
nice b boy avatar!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Best tape/CD to ride to

gfxgfx
gfx gfx