gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 02:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cleaning up seat guts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cleaning up seat guts  (Read 572 times)

retrorb

Cleaning up seat guts
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:43 PM »
I have just bought a NOS Kashimax Seat but the guts are tarnished (are they steel??) and wondering what best to use to clean these up if they will clean up at all.
wetndry/buffing/autosol? etc.

Thanks
Rob

mightynimrod

Re: Cleaning up seat guts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:48 PM »
I have just bought a NOS Kashimax Seat but the guts are tarnished (are they steel??) and wondering what best to use to clean these up if they will clean up at all.
wetndry/buffing/autosol? etc.

Thanks
Rob

I would've thought some wire wool would sort them out  :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:01 PM »
plated steel, be carefull as the tarnish may be missing plate, i would use autosol carefully to see whats what, and take it from there. you dont want to compound the problem with wet and dry or wire wool untill you know its just dull plating and not the steel showing through

Rich

duncan

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:34 PM »
I renovated my old Kashi Aero recently, the metal parts polished up like new with Autosol.

The back of the seat's pretty scuffed up because of that ridiculous trick where you turn the bike upside down.
I don't know whether to buff out the scratches or just leave it, there was a thread here recently where someone did a sterling job.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 01:04 PM »
I use my lapidary/dremmel polisher with a soft brass disk mandrel and autosol.  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cleaning up seat guts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx