gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 12:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Flying Banana meets Proper
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Flying Banana meets Proper  (Read 2950 times)

bsdforever

Re: The Flying Banana meets Proper
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 12:25 AM »
Didnt realize Hawkins was a pillow bitter :wtf:

i thought that was common knowledge

jeff spicoli

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 03:02 PM »
i was a flatlander bitd and as far as i'm concerned martin aparijo was one of the top riders. it is so easy to look back now and think they weren't that great for only doing hopping tricks and the like, but at the time, people like Martin & Woody Itson were the inspiration for most of the flatland riders back then.

Unless you were there at the time, you will never appreciate what people like Fiola, Dominguez, Itson, Aparijo, Wilkerson, Blyther did for the sport. I'm sure I've missed of plenty of people, but those in the know, know...

I have recently watched BMX Beat and known I could blow them all away, but at the time I was a mere peasant.  You have to appreciate the level of skill at the time of riding.

I was there , I mean really there riding with a lot of them so thats how I know who was good and who was hype. Dave Curry!!!!!!!!! The backward drop in at Holeshot with a coaster......... 10 out of 10 for that slam ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:53 PM by jeff spicoli »

bsdforever

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Didnt realize Hawkins was a pillow bitter :wtf:

i thought that was common knowledge

i've heard stories about karl denton too

jeff spicoli

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 07:05 PM »
Peter Hawkins was a creepy fukker. If you look at that video of him with the young Craig Campbell at romford bitd when craig was 12 and then think that he cimbed into his bed a few years later.. Sicko. For the record Craig told him to fukc off.

theRuler

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 07:13 PM »
peter "do you want to see some puppies" hawkins

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Flying Banana meets Proper

gfxgfx
gfx gfx