gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 08:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  S&M Neal Wood - which category @ MK ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Neal Wood - which category @ MK ???  (Read 2574 times)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Re: S&M Neal Wood - which category @ MK ???
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 04:22 PM »
Yep - had a little bet someone would turn it into the mid debate again.

The tilte of the thread has been changed. The original one was very much a question about if the bike would fit into either category. A subject that requires the eras to be debated in order for a conclusion to be found.  ;) It would be hard to lose that bet.  :daumenhoch:

... I just find it a bit disappointing that the minority of people who didn't agree with the dates to start with use threads like this to turn it into the same old date debates. Instead of doing that, post more in the Mid section and make it a bit more lively.

If people disagree with the dates why would you expect them to participate more? I still post a fait bit on here, it a great forum with lots of good people. On the flip side, how many people with these 2003-2005 "mid" bikes are posting on here????? I dont see many myself. The difference is all the rest of us who do post keet getting told new school bikes are mid school, when none of us even build them.   ;)

And to get back on topic. Its good to see 60% of people agree its new school.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 04:42 PM »
If people disagree with the dates why would you expect them to participate more?

'Cos I'd hope people weren't childish enough to stop participating because they don't agree with the dates, but love the period enough to not waste energy in a constant debate and post something nice and cuddly in the MS section.

You don't see too many 2003-5 bikes posted as I don't think we've hit the right age range of posters yet to see em up here, although they're starting to post more nowadays (people in their early 30's) and it's great to have em on board. I've got a fair few 03/05 bikes, but I admit I rarely pop up build threads. Maybe I'll start.

I've said me two penneth - posted in here as MS mod to clarify that we agreed on MS dates (although some don't agree, but like I said you can't please everyone) and as Gish's frame is a 2003 it's MS, not NS. Nothing personal to anyone, no wanting to win or owt, just stating what we as a majority agreed on.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Internal headset = new school

I did warn Gish that this would drag the mid years argument back up  ;D

I'll run away and hide now  :LolLolLolLol:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 12:19 AM »
Don't we just love this midschool era crap?   :LolLolLolLol:

With my Admin hat on, the reason we have a midschool moderator in Danny is that essentially what he says goes.  This is one of the jobs we asked of him, to make decisions on where a bike will sit and his decision is final.

Also even though we all would like to think that a 2003 bike is newschool there really is nothing 'new' about a bike that is 11+ years old.

What we think a Neal Wood looks like...

What a Neal Wood really looks like....

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:24 AM by stidds »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: S&M Neal Wood - which category ???
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 03:14 AM »
I just find it a bit disappointing that the minority of people who didn't agree with the dates to start with use threads like this to turn it into the same old date debates.

I was going to let this one die a death but having just noticed this point I feel compelled to respond to you Danny.

Firstly, I was not aware that the gods of BMX had decreed that the years of Mid School be redfined, but now I know I have to say I am very disappointed and not in agreement as is my right.  You obviously are wedded to the opinion that because a few people agreed with you that you are right and despite this you are not entirely comfortable with your decision as you clearly try to shut down anyone that proffers an opinion that differs with yours or dare I suggest questions that ask about the rationale employed to arrive at your decision.  If you were 100% behind your decision then you would ignore posts like mine or at the very least acknowledge the point and state why  but instead you choose to try and belittle/dismiss any debate or questioning of your opinion by using the image of Captain Picard which to my mind is pretty insulting although I am pretty sure you didn't intend it to be.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: S&M Neal Wood - which category ???
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 09:07 AM »
I just find it a bit disappointing that the minority of people who didn't agree with the dates to start with use threads like this to turn it into the same old date debates.

I was going to let this one die a death but having just noticed this point I feel compelled to respond to you Danny.

Firstly, I was not aware that the gods of BMX had decreed that the years of Mid School be redfined, but now I know I have to say I am very disappointed and not in agreement as is my right.  You obviously are wedded to the opinion that because a few people agreed with you that you are right and despite this you are not entirely comfortable with your decision as you clearly try to shut down anyone that proffers an opinion that differs with yours or dare I suggest questions that ask about the rationale employed to arrive at your decision.  If you were 100% behind your decision then you would ignore posts like mine or at the very least acknowledge the point and state why  but instead you choose to try and belittle/dismiss any debate or questioning of your opinion by using the image of Captain Picard which to my mind is pretty insulting although I am pretty sure you didn't intend it to be.

Marty

This date/era etc is not up for discussion any longer.  That was done a year ago and I said at the time that this was the last and only time it was going to be changed.  Danny is shutting people down, as that is what the admin team asked him to do when he became the section moderator.

The Gods of BMX in this case were the members of radbmx, not Danny, not me, not the radmin team, we had nothing to do with the change. if you missed the change and the discussion then it is not our fault.

The members of rad wanted the change and that is what happened, not everybody will agree with the new dates and I am one of those members (I wanted it to be 1990-2000), we however made a democratic vote with the members of this site deciding with majority rule that a change was to be made and that is what has happened.

So this is to everybody.. NO MORE ARGUING/DISCUSSING THE YEARS OF MIDSCHOOL.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:16 AM by stidds »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 09:28 AM »
Laughable.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 09:39 AM »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Laughable.

Which bit?

Most of it  :LolLolLolLol:

I have to apologise for missing the original discussions and in a way I am secretly glad, both of my GT's, my 24 and my son's Expert are now mid school so really I only own one new school and I'm thinking that's questionable as it's a 2005 Felt Chronic.  It's a little like buying a classic car only to find out that it's not actually a classic car or perhaps buying a new car to find out it's a classic car  :-\.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Laughable.

Which bit?

Most of it  :LolLolLolLol:

I have to apologise for missing the original discussions and in a way I am secretly glad, both of my GT's, my 24 and my son's Expert are now mid school so really I only own one new school and I'm thinking that's questionable as it's a 2005 Felt Chronic.  It's a little like buying a classic car only to find out that it's not actually a classic car or perhaps buying a new car to find out it's a classic car  :-\.

What do you want?  For us as a site to change everything back just because you don't like it?  The members of the midschool section were asked if they wanted the dates changed as initially I put 1990-2000 when we set up the new site and people complained.

I asked for a discussion, after a decent period, we ran a poll to ask what dates people wanted.  The majority won (that is what a democratic site does.. try to keep its members happy) and things were changed.

So basically you think that process and the decision of the people that voted is laughable. 

This thread and this discussion has run its course now, if you want to reply to this message then I will leave the thread open for a short while, but other than that it is going nowhere.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 10:19 AM »
You don't see too many 2003-5 bikes posted...

I've had a couple of bikes from this era, and one slightly earlier. None were built up 'era correct' and 2 have wrong paint, no correct logos or anything, they are just bikes that we ride. As I didn't ride during this era I don't have the connection that you guys do; they are just decent affordable bikes.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 12:03 PM »
So locking the topic as it is going away from the original question.

I think we have decided that the bike is midschool so that is where it should go.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  S&M Neal Wood - which category @ MK ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx