gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975654 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 08, 2024, 07:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Was Fiola a one bike man?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Was Fiola a one bike man?  (Read 1274 times)

WizardWeb

Was Fiola a one bike man?
« on: August 19, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Has anyone got any pics of Fiola riding an 87 pro-performer?  (The one with the s-bend downtube) I know he was sitting on them in adverts but I can't recall seeing a picture of him actually riding one.  ???

theRuler

Re: Was Fiola a one bike man?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:06 PM »
maybe he was on the citicat by then :)

WizardWeb

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:32 PM »
Citicat..... wonder if he regrets that deal...  :LolLolLolLol:

Nearest I've found is this pic from an advert....

bsdforever

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 12:24 AM »
check that set up, not only were those bars a total gimmick (the forkstanders were too!) but they're about 20 degrees out of line with his wheel

nice wheels and cranks though!

the cranks were GT Power Series which Primo eventaully copied and called Power Bites!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 12:33 AM by bsdforever »

WizardWeb

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Actually looking at that pic again he doesn't look too excited by it !  :LolLolLolLol:

duncan

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 02:58 AM »
Another ad from 'Freestyle Spectacular' (BMX Plus) April 1987. Click for full size:

[img width= height=]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/redxxvi/bmx/gtpt.jpg[/img]

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 03:13 PM »
someone posted an early pic of fiola on a torker at pipeline a few weeks back....that when he knew what a real bike was

Dave
haro, how do you do

duncan

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 03:21 PM »
I was reading on another site that he only has one bike left from his BMX days, a custom lightweight GT Performer he used for the 'King of the Skateparks' comps.
I think Woody only has one or two bikes, and they were returned by people he'd given them away to. RL supposedly doesn't have any.

You'd imagine these riders would have kept a lot of bikes, but apparently not.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:24 PM by duncan »

weston

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 03:34 PM »
ive seen eddie riding one of those on one of my dvd's in a comp, i'll dig it out

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 03:39 PM »
I was reading on another site that he only has one bike left from his BMX days, a custom lightweight GT Performer he used for the 'King of the Skateparks' comps.
I think Woody only has one or two bikes, and they were returned by people he'd given them away to. RL supposedly doesn't have any.

You'd imagine these riders would have kept a lot of bikes, but apparently not.

i contacted bob haro earlier this year to seek his approval on my replica, he told me he has not one item from bitd, but wishes like hell he'd kept the lot.

Dave
haro, how do you do

WizardWeb

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 03:43 PM »
I read somewhere that Bob doesn't mind people doing repro's of his stuff as it's not made anymore and he wouldn't see any money if they did.

I feel certain Fiola still rode a regular performer even after the new one came out.

When did RL got to General? There was an AFA comp where RL was on General and Fiola was riding a pink frame, black fork bike. That was Mk1 design, so that was  about 87, wasn't it?

I don't s'pose it makes much difference really but it's one of those sad things you think of at the weekend !  :LolLolLolLol:

Jazzchimp

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 10:16 PM »
I had an email from eddie... long story.. I'll tell you all about it in a post soon

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Was Fiola a one bike man?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx