gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 08:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Was I right not to bid on these ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Was I right not to bid on these ?  (Read 2079 times)

troll

Was I right not to bid on these ?
« on: September 04, 2005, 10:55 PM »
just looking around the ole bay and came across these 2 "old school" bmx's in Germany. ummm ET.

However doing some research, the ET should be a looptail, and you can see clearly @ least 1 of these don't. He also had 2 bmx's decaled up as skyways. ummm

What do you think... ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5235056791&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
and..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5235065512&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Mark

Andy

Re: Was I right not to bid on these ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Im not sure what the 1st one is and the second one, well have you ever seen anyone cleverly photo a bike and just manage to miss the gusset on eveery shot lol

troll

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 11:02 PM »
i don't think there is a gusset on the second one.. someone is going to be very disapointed ! saying that he doesn't say what they are though !

M@rk

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Well, i personally think that the Chain Guard bracket on the second one is a winner ;)

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Not all ET's have to have the Loop tail as some of the cheap toyshop variants (can be seen on Jamies site) don't have them.

But the first with the gusset is defo not a Kuwi one.

Hopefully someone won't get robbed for them!!

retrogeezer

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 09:21 AM »
what a waste of nice paint and ET decals!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 11:50 AM »
didn't they make a really cheap version that was exclusive to walmart or sears? that had a mild steel frame?

Kelly

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 01:18 PM »
He was selling a TA too and another bike that was stickered up as a TA, if he had been local I would have got a lift to have a butchers..

troll

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 10:04 PM »
didn't they make a really cheap version that was exclusive to walmart or sears? that had a mild steel frame?

Yes that was the only non looptail ET they made but it had a guttet with 3 holes in it.

Here is a proper ET looptail.

..and now the cheap apolo version...

Glad I did my homework as I was tempted....

Mark

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but i thought there were 4 different frames used for the ET....

The KZ (non loop) frame came with the red white fade before ET made it famous
The ET loop variations
The sears Walmart 80's
And a recent ET replica that came out in the last 4-5 years.

not that the ones in the pictures are any of the above, they all look pish to me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 11:03 PM by Bob_Acid »

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 11:07 PM »
lol i just ran his discription through the translator and this is what it came up with

WS.  O. S. : HERE A GARAGE OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS DISSOLVED END renovation reason AND THEREFORE ALL THING MUST SO GATHERED HAS WHAT OUT.  PHOTOGRAPHER OF ALL READ SOONER „OLDSCHOOL“ PLACE NEWLY.  (OR WRITES ONE THE OLD SCHOOL) THIS IS A 20 CUSTOMS BMX WHEEL WITH UNUSUAL ZWEIFARBLACKIERUNG IN RED-WHITE.  THE RIMS ARE ALSO RED.  EASY SCRATCH AT THE FORK IN THE PICTURE TO SEEING OVER THAT „KUWAHARA“ EINSTANZUNG.  ALSO IF THE WHEEL LOOKS THANKS TO THE CARE SEVERAL before owners YET STYLISCH AND load efficient offer IS I IT HERE SPECIFICALLY AS „handicraft enthusiast ware“ AND LATCH THEREWITH EACH guarantee achievement OR SACHMÄNGELHAFTUNG END.  WITHDRAWALS ARE EXCLUDED ALREADY BASED ON THE garages solution AND ARE NOT ACCEPTED BECOMING.  REASONS TEMPORAL END ONLY DELIVERY: THE WHEELS ALREADY WERE DISMANTLED FOR THE SPEEDY delivery settlement AND WERE PACKED FOR THE CARRIER IN CORRESPONDING KARTONAGEN COSTLY.  WITH THE DUTY OF A COMMANDMENT ACCEPTING YOU WOULD MEAN sale conditions.  (NO EXCEPTIONS) offerING YOU NOT; IF YOU ARE NOT AGREED WITH MY SPECIFICATION

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Hope that software didn`t cost anything Bob  :o
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 12:11 AM »
lol no mate :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Was I right not to bid on these ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx