gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975721 Posts in 138931 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie August 20, 2024, 05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Frame build update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame build update  (Read 33140 times)

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Frame build update
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Are we still on for a March Delivery or is that unlikely , i really hope so as there is only so long you before peeps start to loose interest or spend their cash on other BMX goodies

Kappy
dont know whats going on with these f/f  :coolsmiley: a bit of info would be nice ::)

lk_97

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Yeah I'd like a bit of an update too :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Got mine last week Kappy 00002 serial No. too  ;)  ;D
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

punkdSICO

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Pictures please!!!

:)

Paul

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2012, 07:50 PM »

:2funny: :2funny:   yeah bet you did ,   ::)  might happen before your too old to ride it , saying that i've heard your getting on a bit  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

;)     :-*     :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

snav69

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2012, 08:35 PM »
You can't rush Art  :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Good job it's not a live model then Paul  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

By the way love the avatar  :4_17_5: 

rad_pitt

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2012, 02:06 AM »
Messaged you on Facebook Katie regarding some bars  :)

Excited to see the new frames completed too  :daumenhoch:

vincentframes

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2012, 08:41 AM »

Are we still on for a March Delivery or is that unlikely , i really hope so as there is only so long you before peeps start to loose interest or spend their cash on other BMX goodies

Kappy
dont know whats going on with these f/f  :coolsmiley: a bit of info would be nice ::)

Hey guys, not updated on here since my last update at the end of Jan coz I've been away for the last few weeks.  As I said in my earlier post we've taken delivery of the new tubing we're hoping to use going forward (subject to a prototype being built & testing of course) which I'm sure you can all understand that when the team work on this on Saturday's only, it takes a bit of time. 

Said ages ago that we were aiming for March but tbh looks unlikely that by then we'll have something we're happy to be putting out there and taking orders on.

Totally get that it might be only so long before peeps start to loose interest or spend their cash on other BMX goodies - in which case go for it!  I'm not in this for the money, I'm in this because I want to build some great freestyle frames - simple as.

Thanks for your continued interest & support!
Katie
 :daumenhoch:

vincentframes

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Spot on Snav!  :daumenhoch:

vincentframes

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2012, 08:52 AM »
Messaged you on Facebook Katie regarding some bars  :)

Excited to see the new frames completed too  :daumenhoch:

Hey, great to be able to put a rad name to your real one!  Have PM'd you back with a couple of questions, so lemme know and we'll go from there.
Cheers
Katie

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Pm,d you back Katie

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Hey Katie,

Happy to wait, just makes it easier to save up for  :daumenhoch:

Also happy to take serial 00002 if Kappy blows his wad elsewhere  ;)

Keep up the good work  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

vincentframes

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 12:24 PM »
Dad popped by the workshop on Saturday to have a look and see what we had been up to....so I got him to braize some rock bar twos and show us how it was done!

Was a wicked afternoon spent with him  :daumenhoch:

Check out a couple of photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/'set=a.182005098480510.88503.115989468415407&type=3

punkdSICO

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2012, 02:00 PM »
Looking good!

btw, I know about this frame:

But, what is this version:

I love all the headtube  crossy-overy type stuff on the second frame..

Paul

punkdSICO

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 02:22 PM »
..just did some more googling and found the answer..  Its a Gen II FreeStyler as per this page:

http://www.vincentframes.co.uk/frames

Very nice..

Paul

vincentframes

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2012, 09:05 AM »
Ok guys - here it is, the Freestyler F&F's we built and brought to MK11 was built up last night by me, Paul Hudson and Adam Dudley...few components we're going to need to change/ tweak over time to be 100% happy with it but the main thing was getting it built up and ridden!!

argghhhhhh I can never post pictures for some reason!?! so you'll have to click the link....
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=424548887559462&set=a.116146035066417.21909.115989468415407&type=1&theater

I can't tell you what it means to have built this from scratch, like nothing - we only had a mark1 freestyler to work from for a bit, the rest was done from studying photos and having a brililant CAD designer in Adam and an awesome metaler (!) in Fleck...so I hope you all appreciate how much hard work has gone into this!

can't tell you how proud I am - huge achievement all round by the VF crew - could not be happier  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

rad_pitt

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2012, 12:02 PM »

Here you go Katie - it looks absolutely brilliant. Great job by all involved  :4_17_5:

Can't wait to get mine built now :smitten:

punkdSICO

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Huh??!!  You have a MkII freestyler?!  If so, boy are you a lucky chap..  Would love a MkII..

Paul

rad_pitt

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Huh??!!  You have a MkII freestyler?!  If so, boy are you a lucky chap..  Would love a MkII..

Paul

NOOO, my air zone  ;) not that lucky..

Deano

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19 AM »
Awesome work from the VF crew  :daumenhoch:

Some of the best looking freestyle bikes and great that you have taken these on once again.
Keeping the old school alive  :4_17_5:God i wish i could have one in my freestyle collection  :tickedoff:

Joined the Facebook page  ;) the workshop pics are great and the old man can still show some skills too  8)

vincentframes

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Hey radsters –

So the boys took the freestyler we hand built to Rom on Sunday for a little morning session – looks good huh?  Thankfully no scratches on the bike….or the boys!  :daumenhoch:

hopefully this image has posted...if not click the link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/'set=a.464133156934368.162180.115989468415407&type=1

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted on this thread and I wanted to give you a little update on how things were progressing with VF….

Since I started on VF I’ve been working on it part time basis whilst freelancing part time too…I’ve recently been given a long term contract….which is awesome news for my bank account but totally shit in terms of me finding the time to work on my passion.

Without wanting to bore you all I’m struggling to find the time to get in the workshop with the boys, so there won’t be any frame build updates on here for a while….This certainly doesn’t mean that this is the end of VF and what we’re up to and wanting to continue to do, far from it!  It’s just I can’t do it all - I’m not wonderwoman (although I secretly wish I was!) and I really need to earn some cash, as we all do.

I’m going to try and get in the workshop as much as possible, but in terms of taking orders any time soon…well that’s not going to happen this year – however much I wanted it to and worked towards that, due to time it’s just not going to happen.

I’m sorry if anyone’s disappointed but I’m sure you can understand my situation.…VF isn’t a business venture for me (or the VF crew) and it’s not about making money – it’s about trying to re-create some great freestyle frames in the old way, continuing to ride together on our VF’s, meeting great people who are into the same things as we are, continuing to discover old VF’s in peoples garages and watching them being carefully restored and for me, on a personal level, to research and discover more about what my dad did bitd – to say I’m proud of him being at the forefront of the UK BMX scene and what he achieved is a MASSIVE understatement.

I know some of you were waiting on us to build the prototype with the new tubing and test it and then gear up for production by the end of this year…I’m also aware that you guys may lose interest and spend your hard earned cash elsewhere, in which case that’s totally cool – I just hope you still dig what we’re up to.   

I’m incredibly proud of what the VF team have achieved so far - it’s taken a while, a hell of a lot of hard work from some of the nicest and passionate guys I know who have given up their time and energies freely for the VF cause…they’re totally Rad!!  But big shout out to all you radsters too, the amount of support and encouragement I’ve had from you guys has been incredible and overwhelming, so thank you!  :daumenhoch:

Katie
p.s. I will still be posting stuff on the website, on the facebook page and as much as I can on here too….

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2012, 09:23 AM »
Great news about the long term job Katie!  thanks for the update and i'm sure your final products will be worth the wait  :daumenhoch:

You going to bring anything to MK again this year? 

vincentframes

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Great news about the long term job Katie!  thanks for the update and i'm sure your final products will be worth the wait  :daumenhoch:

You going to bring anything to MK again this year? 

Thanks Pickle!  Yeah will be bring the freestyler up that's for sure  :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2012, 09:28 PM »
good luck with the new contract katie :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Frame build update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx