gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 03:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  FINALLY built an old dirtbike -FINISHED-
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FINALLY built an old dirtbike -FINISHED-  (Read 7004 times)

SaMAlex

Re: FINALLY built an old dirtbike -FINISHED-
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Bent lever anyone
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMX-BRAKES-Tech-77-Dj-Lever-/160608247222?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2564ff5db6#ht_500wt_1180

Great, NOW you come in with somewhere to get them!  :LolLolLolLol:

I had a bent lever on another bike which didnt really need it so it all worked out anyway

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 10:33 AM »
I got a bit more done to this bike.

I swapped over the profile cranks for a One Piece Crank, and put some 1/2" GT pedals I had. O.P.C seemed much better on this bike, and they actually hold the chainring tigher (cos it bolts to the crank in the middle) so were better when using a grind disk.

Ive got a different front wheel i want to use but i need to get the spindle free'ed up. Then it'll be all done.

lk_97

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 05:50 PM »
I LOVE this bike, it looks so much like an early 90's bike, it just goes so well, I think my next bike will be an old s&m now. Also, if you wanna get rid of a sprocket pocket let me know! :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 06:45 PM »
One of the cool things about this bike is its an early mk 2, brakeless dirtbike, but its the same as my second S&M. Same colour (well, mine was lighter but still purple) same decal set, same frame. Just what i was after. I always ran (run) a dialed setup with 2 working brakes and stiff wheels but I used to ride with loads of people who had bikes similar to this. Loads of fun.

Im very tempted to take it down the local Ledge-etarian skatepark and have a few sproket pocket grinds but they wear down pretty fast  :-[

lk_97

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 08:09 PM »
You should take it down the skatepark :) out of interest how much would a sprocket pocket cost? :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 08:18 PM »
loving it alex, looks 'ready' t go out and show off. Glad you're changing the front wheel over, spokes all the way. Cracking, very envious

SaMAlex

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 08:26 PM »
out of interest how much would a sprocket pocket cost? :daumenhoch:

Very hard to say, I dont think they come up often. I have the one on this bike, a black one still in the packet, and a used white one  :shocked:

Glad you're changing the front wheel over, spokes all the way. Cracking, very envious

Im changing the front wheel .... to another black tuff  ;).
This one is a bit new and clean. Ive got another that is messier (and ally hub'ed). Much better

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Ah well in my mind its wearing a pair of spokes!!!! I am really craving some early S&M action, I may have to flog one of my new schools to fund one

lk_97

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18 PM »
out of interest how much would a sprocket pocket cost? :daumenhoch:

Very hard to say, I dont think they come up often. I have the one on this bike, a black one still in the packet, and a used white one  :shocked:

Glad you're changing the front wheel over, spokes all the way. Cracking, very envious

Im changing the front wheel .... to another black tuff  ;).
This one is a bit new and clean. Ive got another that is messier (and ally hub'ed). Much better

Wanna sell the white one?  :D

SaMAlex

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 10:22 PM »

I dont even wanna sell the black one, and i have 2 of them  ;)

lk_97

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 10:30 PM »

I dont even wanna sell the black one, and i have 2 of them  ;)

If you ever see one, give me first shout then mate ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 02:38 PM »

Some say I keep way to much junk  :crazy2:

The 4 spoke sprocket pocket is one i made out of a chopping board. If you look close you can see the flight ring that's drilled to take it

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Wurrrrr  - got a thing for sprockets ;) K'in 'ell that Whippet's crank bolt holes taken a beating  :D
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  FINALLY built an old dirtbike -FINISHED-

gfxgfx
gfx gfx